Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 Coil lift w/ Shocks or Old Man Emu Jeep JK Wrangler 2in Lift Kit

Old 03-19-2009, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have the cash for lift yet, I want one, but the tires add too much to the price tag right now. I had leaned toward OME from the first, but there is no denying that TF WILL address your concerns, and here, every single time, so for my money, that's the way I'm going to go. People are happy with every TF product here (99%), and you can't beat the fact that they're on this forum. I've never seen an OME guy here, customer service goes a looong way.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the input guys such a big help
Old 03-20-2009, 01:55 PM
JK Newbie

My OME kit was on the back porch when I got home today !!!! I was also worried about being over 3 to 3.5 but Dave at Northridge said it would come in right at about 2.5 in rear and 3 in front
Old 03-20-2009, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
I debated this for quite awhile.... went back and forth and for th e money I went TF. It is a more complete kit. I am adding the fron trac bar, so everything under $750 to th edoor BUT OME is a great kit as well....
X2 I have the Teraflex kit and I love it. Definately more complete, however, I have heard that the OME setup is a great ride. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Last edited by 1JK's*; 03-20-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm also interested in final height.

I want to upgrade from the TF Pucks to 2.5 - 3.5" coils but the jeep MUST still fit in the garage (7 Foot). Right now with the BB I have about 2" of clearance with the 35's, so I should be good but would like confirmation.

I know that the OME kit is regarded as one of the best riding for TJ's and fully expect it to be the same for the JK, but TF does seem to make good kits and I've been very happy with the BB.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Freak

The OME is unbelievable, it's like driving a new car...
Old 03-25-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default TF Orders being filled.

I ordered my TF lift a couple wks ago. The online retailer I got it from found out they where on back order when i ordered it. They called that day and said it would be back ordered until April. Shipped today!! I look forward to the install.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by binggitkoboy
just got my 4dr rubicon ... ill be putting on 35's after deciding which lift to order, planning on getting a bumper and winch in the future. Its my DD and would do off roading on weekends ( No experience somehow). ANY comments on what lift to select . saw this at northridge website.
Both are nice set ups. I went with the OME HD front coils, nitro shocks and JKS front and rear adj trackbars and Crown ext brake lines. David at Northridge put the kit together for me early last summer. Love the ride on and off road, would do it again in a heart beat.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

Tera Flex with shock extenders!

I had mine before I actually got my Jeep. Now 26K later, and still love it! Zero problems.

next purchase will be 35's, or 37's with flat fenders. 2.5 is plenty of lift!
Old 04-12-2009, 04:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am also interested in any input with these lift kits, I dont hear much about the EMU kits though. are these both kits complete? I want to run 35's, and dont do much off roading, just light trails. thoughts?? thanks!

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 Coil lift w/ Shocks or Old Man Emu Jeep JK Wrangler 2in Lift Kit