JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   Teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift with shocks rake observation (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/teraflex-2-5-inch-coil-lift-shocks-rake-observation-169209/)

dougk 03-17-2011 07:43 PM

Teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift with shocks rake observation

Prior to the TF lift using OEM heavy duty coils and shocks the front was 1.5 inches lower than the rear. The front has a heavy bumper and winch.

After installing the TF lift with TF coils and TF shocks, the front is the same height as the rear.... :wink:

I was concerned about TF not being able to support the weight of the front bump and winch. But Teraflex came through... :clap:

dougk 03-21-2011 03:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are pics of the Teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift with shocks. No spacers where needed in the front, other that the factory coil isolator.

Attachment 140480

Attachment 140481

Attachment 140482

JK-jeepit 03-21-2011 03:50 PM

I ordered the same lift, but added 1 inch spacers for the 1" drop I got with the bumper/winch/skid install. It was recommended I get the 4dr kit even tough I have a 2dr....for the added weight, I also have added skids underneath.. should be interesting. :thumbsup:

should get it tomorrow and install soon after.

How much lift did you get???

Orangeav 03-21-2011 03:51 PM

Looks good! I'm just about to pull the trigger on this w/ David! Unlike some of my more subtle mods that have flown under the radar, I'm pretty sure I should discuss it with the better half!

dougk 03-21-2011 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit (Post 2177238)
I ordered the same lift, but added 1 inch spacers for the 1" drop I got with the bumper/winch/skid install. It was recommended I get the 4dr kit even tough I have a 2dr....for the added weight, I also have added skids underneath.. should be interesting. :thumbsup:

should get it tomorrow and install soon after.

How much lift did you get???

That front bumper weights alot with the winch, with the factory coils and shocks the front was 3/4 inch lower than the rear. with the heavy bumper and winch the Teraflex has no rake.

The Lower Control Arm was added at the same time.

JK-jeepit 03-21-2011 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by dougk (Post 2177318)
That front bumper weights alot with the winch, with the factory coils and shocks the front was 3/4 inch lower than the rear. with the heavy bumper and winch the Teraflex has no rake.

The Lower Control Arm was added at the same time.

did you get a full 2 1/2 lift out of it or more...??

Bosox5 03-21-2011 04:48 PM

I actually pretty much retained the factory rake when I installed the TF lift, and now with a heavy front bumper and winch I need to add a spacer. That's my only hit on the kit though, and it appears they fixed the problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dougk 03-21-2011 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit (Post 2177331)
did you get a full 2 1/2 lift out of it or more...??

that is the 2 1/2 inch coil lift with shocks

Originally Posted by Bosox5 (Post 2177394)
I actually pretty much retained the factory rake when I installed the TF lift, and now with a heavy front bumper and winch I need to add a spacer. That's my only hit on the kit though, and it appears they fixed the problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I purchased the kit from David at Northridge 4x4 about 2 weeks ago. I know it is the new kit based on conversations with Joe at Teraflex. I measured the front and the back and they are about the same height. I even had a 3/4 inch spacer in case the front was lower than the rear. The 3/4 inch spacer is going back.

sam08 03-21-2011 05:13 PM

I put this lift on my hard top 4 door without bumpers and have massive front rake. I am about to put a 1" spacer up front. PITA

dougk 03-21-2011 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by sam08 (Post 2177486)
I put this lift on my hard top 4 door without bumpers and have massive front rake. I am about to put a 1" spacer up front. PITA

How old is your kit? Joe told me that about 6 months ago they changed the shocks to 2.5 inch shocks from the 3.5-4 inch shock on the older kit. I wonder if they changed the coils too.

I was shocked and pleasantly surprised that there was no rake.