Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift with shocks rake observation

Old 03-17-2011, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift with shocks rake observation

Prior to the TF lift using OEM heavy duty coils and shocks the front was 1.5 inches lower than the rear. The front has a heavy bumper and winch.

After installing the TF lift with TF coils and TF shocks, the front is the same height as the rear....

I was concerned about TF not being able to support the weight of the front bump and winch. But Teraflex came through...
Old 03-21-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Here are pics of the Teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift with shocks. No spacers where needed in the front, other that the factory coil isolator.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2180.jpg
Views:	757
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	140480

Name:	IMG_2182.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	140481

Name:	IMG_2181.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	140482
Old 03-21-2011, 03:50 PM
JK Super Freak

I ordered the same lift, but added 1 inch spacers for the 1" drop I got with the bumper/winch/skid install. It was recommended I get the 4dr kit even tough I have a 2dr....for the added weight, I also have added skids underneath.. should be interesting.

should get it tomorrow and install soon after.

How much lift did you get???
Old 03-21-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks good! I'm just about to pull the trigger on this w/ David! Unlike some of my more subtle mods that have flown under the radar, I'm pretty sure I should discuss it with the better half!
Old 03-21-2011, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
I ordered the same lift, but added 1 inch spacers for the 1" drop I got with the bumper/winch/skid install. It was recommended I get the 4dr kit even tough I have a 2dr....for the added weight, I also have added skids underneath.. should be interesting.

should get it tomorrow and install soon after.

How much lift did you get???
That front bumper weights alot with the winch, with the factory coils and shocks the front was 3/4 inch lower than the rear. with the heavy bumper and winch the Teraflex has no rake.

The Lower Control Arm was added at the same time.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dougk
That front bumper weights alot with the winch, with the factory coils and shocks the front was 3/4 inch lower than the rear. with the heavy bumper and winch the Teraflex has no rake.

The Lower Control Arm was added at the same time.
did you get a full 2 1/2 lift out of it or more...??
Old 03-21-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually pretty much retained the factory rake when I installed the TF lift, and now with a heavy front bumper and winch I need to add a spacer. That's my only hit on the kit though, and it appears they fixed the problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2011, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-jeepit
did you get a full 2 1/2 lift out of it or more...??
that is the 2 1/2 inch coil lift with shocks

Originally Posted by Bosox5
I actually pretty much retained the factory rake when I installed the TF lift, and now with a heavy front bumper and winch I need to add a spacer. That's my only hit on the kit though, and it appears they fixed the problem.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I purchased the kit from David at Northridge 4x4 about 2 weeks ago. I know it is the new kit based on conversations with Joe at Teraflex. I measured the front and the back and they are about the same height. I even had a 3/4 inch spacer in case the front was lower than the rear. The 3/4 inch spacer is going back.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

I put this lift on my hard top 4 door without bumpers and have massive front rake. I am about to put a 1" spacer up front. PITA
Old 03-21-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sam08
I put this lift on my hard top 4 door without bumpers and have massive front rake. I am about to put a 1" spacer up front. PITA
How old is your kit? Joe told me that about 6 months ago they changed the shocks to 2.5 inch shocks from the 3.5-4 inch shock on the older kit. I wonder if they changed the coils too.

I was shocked and pleasantly surprised that there was no rake.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 inch coil lift with shocks rake observation