Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 2.5 issue?

Old 11-03-2010, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 2.5 issue?

After installing my 2.5 bb w/ shock ext and rubicon shocks on my jk-X I have started noticing a mild bump or knock in the front after I put the car in driveand begin to pull out of driveway or parking spot( probably going under 5mph). This is not the "steering clunk" issue which Ive always had. This only happens once and does not happen all the time.
Could this be from over/under-tightening of certain bolts? Or someting to do with steering stabillizer. I havent noticed and wobble, shimmy, or flighty feeling while driving
Also while passing someone on a curvy road my "esp bas" light came on. After turning off and restarting my jk it went off and hasnt came back on?

I have stock 17 in wheels /tires with 1.5 wheel spacers.

Last edited by lowe516; 11-03-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:34 PM
JK Freak

If I had to guess I would say it sounds like your Track Bar is loose or you have a ball joint/tierod end starting to go bad. Go over everything and re torq. Also have someone move the steering wheel back and forth while you climb under and look at all the bolts and joints. Look for play.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07BLUEJK
If I had to guess I would say it sounds like your Track Bar is loose or you have a ball joint/tierod end starting to go bad. Go over everything and re torq. Also have someone move the steering wheel back and forth while you climb under and look at all the bolts and joints. Look for play.
Look for this with the tires on the ground right?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lowe516
After installing my 2.5 bb w/ shock ext and rubicon shocks on my jk-X I have started noticing a mild bump or knock in the front after I put the car in driveand begin to pull out of driveway or parking spot( probably going under 5mph). This is not the "steering clunk" issue which Ive always had. This only happens once and does not happen all the time.
Could this be from over/under-tightening of certain bolts? Or someting to do with steering stabillizer. I havent noticed and wobble, shimmy, or flighty feeling while driving

I have stock 17 in wheels /tires with 1.5 wheel spacers.
i had this issue as well and it turned out to be the front upper shock bolts needed more tightening so the stud of the shock would not move. the bushings on top and bottom have to have the small lip facing the frame so that they surround the stud of the shock and prevent it from making metal on metal contact with the frame it bolts through. check both of them for bushing orientation and tightness of nut on stud.

the esp light came on because u most likely didnt recenter your steering wheel after lifting the jeep. the wheels are straight but the steering wheel in jeep is at 45 degree angle and the computer says you are turning when actually u are going straight. recenter the wheel.

Last edited by Earth Siege; 11-03-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your front shock nuts on the shock extensions.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Freak

Thanks guys. will do! probably be tomorrow before i can give an update
Old 11-04-2010, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Default check the front sway bar link.

check the front sway bar link.(upper)
the bolts are easy to loose. tight them up as hard as you can.

Quick Reply: Teraflex 2.5 issue?