Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex 6" Standard Suspension Lift???

Old 09-06-2007, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex 6" Standard Suspension Lift???

The new Quadratec catalog (woot, they're a sponsor, I can say their name) has (on page 187 FYI) a 6" JK Teraflex standard lift. I am not seeing it on Quadratec's website though. Is this a typo? Has anyone heard of it or seen it?

Assuming they really do have it, would the Tera 6" standard lift be too hard on the control arms and other components given the angles? Is it too much angle for the components on a short/mid arm like the JK? I have a rubicon and would be putting on 37's in case that makes a difference. (would also upgrade driveshafts) And no I don't want to go Long Arm, as the price is $1500 more.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

i am also interested, but here is the link to the lift on quadratec.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...4&submit=Go%21
Old 09-07-2007, 03:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tshuelsman
i am also interested, but here is the link to the lift on quadratec.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...4&submit=Go%21
hmm, it wasn't in the teraflex section of suspension lifts for the JK... I probably should have tried the search function there, didn't think of that. Thanks for finding it.

Anyone have any thoughts about its durability given the angles... here's a crude drawing...

control arms represent < or (
coils represent $

<$> : 4 inch lift
($) : 6 inch lift

while it's not to scale I am concerned too much weight will be on the control arms as they are more vertical verse the coils. thoughts?

I do love Tera and would love the lift but I don't want to be their guinea pig
Old 09-07-2007, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would think that 6" would be a bit much on the arms, especially in the area of caster. At that amount of lift, you really need adjustable (or properly sized fixed)arms to bring the caster back to the positive range or you will negatively affect the steering. As to the stress on the arms, I am not sure, but it couldn't be good for them.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got 5-1/2" out of their 4" lift so I don't see where there would be a problem with the control arms. You will need to add drive shafts for sure though. I'm running stock drive shafts on mine right now, but the angle coming from the transfer case on the front shaft is almost maxed. I will be replacing it soon.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Paul R
I would think that 6" would be a bit much on the arms, especially in the area of caster. At that amount of lift, you really need adjustable (or properly sized fixed)arms to bring the caster back to the positive range or you will negatively affect the steering. As to the stress on the arms, I am not sure, but it couldn't be good for them.
The lift comes with adjustable control arms.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:38 AM
JK Freak

i lack the testicular fortitude to put that much lift under short arms. brutal ride, no real flex...

Quick Reply: Teraflex 6" Standard Suspension Lift???