Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex BB?

Old 12-05-2008, 01:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex BB?

Which Teraflex BB is everyone going with? I will probably be running either 33 or 35's and do minimal trailing. I see there is the kit with hardly anything, a kit with shock adapters and a kit with shocks, which one is the better one? Are the shocks necessary? Can a person expand from this kit later on? I have tried to contact Teraflex Joe but have gotten no answer.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:31 PM
JK Junkie

I have the 2.5" with the spacers and shock adapters and it has worked great for me so far. I do quite a bit of off roading, usually long trails, so it has gotten quite a workout. If price in a concern, get the spacer and adapters, if you have a little more, get it with the springs and shocks as it will have a little more lift and better performance.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is only my personal observation after going through the same process you are, and with the same general goals and purpose.

The Teraflex BB is probably one of the better budget boosts, and that is reflected in the price. If your rig is newer, I would probably go with the kit with shock extensions, as my research indicated that the JK has fairly decent gas shocks on it, so no reason really to get new shocks. The TF BB also has new bump stops that I understand are good.

You can apparently run 33's with no problem, and 35's may require spacers or wheels with less back spacing to avoid rubbing at extreme articulation.

Ultimately as I needed new shocks anyway (or would soon with 50K miles) I went with a similarly priced spring boost from Rough Country. I don't think it will offer me much more over the TF BB, but prices were similar, but no bump stops, for a shocked kit, so I went with the new springs.

Yes, you can use certain components of this kit to expand later, but probably not much more than the pucks, since the shocks would need to be upgraded and then you just as well do away with the extensions. Probably makes more sense just to remove the BB and go with another full kit.

I am sure I would have been equally happy with the TF BB, and you will be too.

My 2 cents and worth every nickel
Old 12-05-2008, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

I got the TF BB not long after they came out a couple of years ago, with the shock adapters instead of the shocks. When I got mine, they had not added either the swaybar links or track bar bracket, which I subsequently got, and I believe are now part of the kit.

I have had no issues at all, it has been trouble free and worked as advertised, I would get the same thing again. I do have a Rubicon, so the shock adapters were the way to go for me.

In fact, tomorrow, I am planning on installing another TF BB on a fellow JKr's 4 door Rubi. It's his second, so you can tell he was just as happy with it first time around.

My major reason for getting the TF BB was wanting to keep the stock ride, but get more than enough room for 33" tires, which is exactly what I got.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Spillidge
Just one thing to note, If you are using the new rear sway bar links and moving the old rears to front.
You NEED wheel spacers or new wheels. It might be fine on level ground but I am almost 100% sure your swaybar links wil rub your tires sidewall at any amount of droop.
I have the 2.5" BB with shock adaptors on my Rubi and love it. I have wheeled in hard with no complaints. Just make sure to get spacers or new rims
I ditto the above advice. I tried to run my stock rims with 33" tires (would have done the same with stock tires) without spacers, and the longer swaybar links would rub the inside rim of the wheel at times. Pretty aggravating, so Spidertrax spacers went on next. Problem solved.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran 35's with my TFBB and shock adapters on my rubi. PURE AWESOME. However craving more, I went with a custom made lift later. But the TFBB is the way to go with shock adapters on rubi's with red shocks. The red shocks are nitros and high end shocks.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glwood6
I ditto the above advice. I tried to run my stock rims with 33" tires (would have done the same with stock tires) without spacers, and the longer swaybar links would rub the inside rim of the wheel at times. Pretty aggravating, so Spidertrax spacers went on next. Problem solved.
X3
Adress the wheel spacing as it will likely be a problem. Not a fault of the kit, it just that the factory wheels do not allow for much room. At ride height (not full droop), everything will be fine.

Give the HD BB a look if you will ever condiser a winch and winch bumper.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does the Terraflex BB eliminate the rake?
Old 12-05-2008, 03:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jawsk2
Does the Terraflex BB eliminate the rake?
Nope. I left out my rear rubber isolators to help it level a bit.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

So I'm putting a teraflex 2.5"spring kit on next week can I run my stock wheels and tires until I get my tires and rims or will they rub?

Quick Reply: Teraflex BB?