Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Big Brake kit versus Dynatrac Pro Grip brake kit

Old 05-22-2016, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been pretty happy with the TF BBK with larger master cylinder. Not the cheapest option out there but I feel I have much MUCH better control stopping. Only complaint is the new pads/rotors squeak a bit at low speed. Planning to take some fine grain sandpaper to the rotors soon to see if it fixes it. If not I may go get them turned by a pro but thinking I shouldn't have had to do this in the first 10-15K miles on these.

Originally Posted by Jeeptang
Going to revive this thread maybe.....

Any more information from you guys on these two systems. I'd like to do this soon. Rather not fly off black Bear pass this fourth of July
Old 05-22-2016, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I recently opted for the TF F&R BBK. Slotted rotors and the new front calipers over the Dyna kit for $40 more (reuse rear pads) prompted my decision. Master cylinder upgrade not required for 2012 per TF. Much lighter pedal pressure required and pretty simple upgrade. I would disagree on the comment regarding hydaraulic/ABS bleed risk/issues. I've bled a ton of ABS systems, JK and non, due to hose, caliper, MC changes, etc. and have never had an issue bleeding with the good old 2 person method. Gravity bleed first, keep MC topped off, followed by 2-person pressure bleed, keep MC topped off, etc. I did have to bleed the TF setup twice which hasn't been the norm for me but its a 4 minute job.
Old 05-23-2016, 03:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fredrok
I recently opted for the TF F&R BBK. Slotted rotors and the new front calipers over the Dyna kit for $40 more (reuse rear pads) prompted my decision.
Did you mean reuse rear calipers . Not sure what you meant here.

I'm not scared to tear into the abs system. Installed steel braided lines when I put my RK lift on,. It's really not a big deal either
Old 05-23-2016, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

Yea, reuse rear pads and calipers. The Dyna kit has all new pads, that's why I specified.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Need a real rear upgrade

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
FYI TeraFlex will have our new rear big brake kit out by mid-March.
Hey Teraflex, seeing that the rear pads are no bigger than motorcycle pads I don't see it worth spending $400 to upgrade to larger rotors and keep these pads. I have the Teraflex big brakes on the front and my stock front calipers are just laying around. Is it possible to make an upgrade for the rear that would give me new larger rotors and a new bracket that would accommodate my front rotors?

This would be just like your new kit 4304460 but the bracket would fit the front calipers to the rear. Just asking.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mschneid
Hey Teraflex, seeing that the rear pads are no bigger than motorcycle pads I don't see it worth spending $400 to upgrade to larger rotors and keep these pads. I have the Teraflex big brakes on the front and my stock front calipers are just laying around. Is it possible to make an upgrade for the rear that would give me new larger rotors and a new bracket that would accommodate my front calipers?

This would be just like your new kit 4304460 but the bracket would fit the front calipers to the rear. Just asking.
Fixed it for you.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:56 PM
JK Freak

I've realized a small downside to the Tera BBK in that even the slightest amount of parking brake shoe preload causes rhythmic squeaking. I've always set them to barely rub the drum for good p-brake preload but have to have them backed all the way off the drum to keep them from squeaking. Means you have to pull the handle almost to the limit to engage the p-brake now (like worn shoes would be)

Quick Reply: Teraflex Big Brake kit versus Dynatrac Pro Grip brake kit