Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex Flex Arms worth It????

Old 08-11-2012, 10:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Flex Arms worth It????

My jeep is a 4door Rubi. I found a killer deal on the Teraflex complete Flexarm System. I have a 3'' Teraflex lift, forged monster track bar and all brand new bilstein 5100s. So the price is really really good. I cannot pass it up. Are the flex arms worth it or should I save up for a long arm system? Would I get greater flex with just the Flexarm system besides keeping my factory arms with my lift? BTW the Teraflex part number is 1455000. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JTOTHAP
My jeep is a 4door Rubi. I found a killer deal on the Teraflex complete Flexarm System. I have a 3'' Teraflex lift, forged monster track bar and all brand new bilstein 5100s. So the price is really really good. I cannot pass it up. Are the flex arms worth it or should I save up for a long arm system? Would I get greater flex with just the Flexarm system besides keeping my factory arms with my lift? BTW the Teraflex part number is 1455000. Thanks in advance.
Are you better off going with the full flexarm system over stock. IMO, yes. Will you get more flex with the longarm over shortarm, no. In addition there's way more cost involved with a longarm setup over just purchasing the arms. I've been happy with my shortarm system. If you can get a screaming deal on em, I'd say jump on it. I can't see how'd you lose.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:19 AM
JK Freak

Id like to buy them so if you don't pass the deal on to me!! Good luck
Old 08-12-2012, 05:57 AM
JK Freak

It seems like this has been a debate for a long time. Short Arms versus Long Arms. I'm not trying to get int othat. I read an article one time that tried to explain why people go with Long Arms. I'm not saying they are better.

Quoted from an article 4 Wheel Offroad "Placing longer control arms under your rig helps to reduce the operating angles of the control arms once the rig is lifted. Longer control arms will also help smooth out the ride, increase travel potential, and reduce stress on the vehicle and its suspension components".

I have the Tereflex Long Arm. Will it cost more to install. Yes. Way More? No.

You have to remove the four bottom lower control a brackets and weld on the four brackets provided by Tereflex. I paid $200 to have that done. Considering the price of a 4" Tereflex LCG lift that was nothing.

JMHO
Old 08-12-2012, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

To answer the OP question, yes the Teraflex arms are worth it.

Will you get more flex than stock arms? Yes, the Teraflex arms have a flexible joint on one end which allows for greater flex without bind.

Also if they are adjustable arms you will have the ability to properly adjust your axle.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I found the arms for 330 shipped brand new. I don't think they are the new ones with the Hd ends tho. It's all 8 flex arms. I'll be more than happy to share my secret.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JTOTHAP
I found the arms for 330 shipped brand new. I don't think they are the new ones with the Hd ends tho. It's all 8 flex arms. I'll be more than happy to share my secret.
Please do tell....
Old 08-12-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes please tell!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ebay. Teraflex. $302.00 Plus Tax FREE shipping. Item Number 310420124530. Ive checked it and rechecked it. The auction and item is legit. Just ordered mine.

Quick Reply: Teraflex Flex Arms worth It????