JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   teraflex fox shocks vs fox shocks (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/teraflex-fox-shocks-vs-fox-shocks-200472/)

captainkeene 10-17-2011 08:11 PM

teraflex fox shocks vs fox shocks

ok so I am going to take the plunge on some new fox shocks but I see that teraflex has a fox shock setup and fox shocks has a set. Are these two the same?? I see that the teraflex system is priced quite a bit cheaper?

Enclocal 10-17-2011 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by captainkeene (Post 2595798)
ok so I am going to take the plunge on some new fox shocks but I see that teraflex has a fox shock setup and fox shocks has a set. Are these two the same?? I see that the teraflex system is priced quite a bit cheaper?

I think the Fox shocks used in some TF kits are the 2.0's and they are valved for TF's spring rates. The differences in pricing may be the shock body, shaft diameter, external reservoir or not, valving and so on :thinking:

JeepAddOns-Chris 12-29-2011 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by bubba_zenetti (Post 2756086)
TF shocks are specifically valved for the weight of the JK and the type of driving it is likely to encounter.

I run them and they are simply awsome.

This is the correct answer. The standard Fox 2.0 shock isn't great for a JK. Teraflex and BDS both have custom valved Fox 2.0 shocks that they offer and they are a huge improvement.

animated_robot 12-29-2011 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by JeepAddOns-Chris (Post 2756238)
This is the correct answer. The standard Fox 2.0 shock isn't great for a JK. Teraflex and BDS both have custom valved Fox 2.0 shocks that they offer and they are a huge improvement.

I thought Fox shocks are for racing rigs. Does the Teraflex Fox shocks work well with DD and mild/moderate offroad? I am in the market and so up and down about shocks.

qkrawler 12-29-2011 03:31 PM

Save your money and buy a non racing shock....

dowayno 12-29-2011 05:09 PM

Im digging the BDS

Thanks again Chris!

Bronco88 12-30-2011 05:31 AM

I have the standard Fox 2.0's and they are a bit harsh, but good offroad and work well when carrying extra weight, was in a bind at the time of the lift install and needed shocks asap, they work good enough for now..

UGOTKERN 12-30-2011 05:39 AM

We have the TeraFlex tuned Fox shocks on our JK's..... 6" TeraFlex LCG lifts on 42's.... the drive on and off road is great!

JeepAddOns-Chris 12-30-2011 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by animated_robot (Post 2756274)
I thought Fox shocks are for racing rigs. Does the Teraflex Fox shocks work well with DD and mild/moderate offroad? I am in the market and so up and down about shocks.

Fox shocks are designed for no fade like most shocks get when being truly worked. Thus, the racing applications. The JK specific tuned ones are great for DD rigs that also are going to see some action off the asphalt. In addition, the diameter (2" vs 2.5-2.75") is a plus.

Originally Posted by dowayno (Post 2756688)
Im digging the BDS

Thanks again Chris!

What's up D! Told ya you'd love 'em!

Originally Posted by Bronco88 (Post 2757426)
I have the standard Fox 2.0's and they are a bit harsh, but good offroad and work well when carrying extra weight, was in a bind at the time of the lift install and needed shocks asap, they work good enough for now..

The standard are great offroad, but as you mentioned a bit harsh. The BDS and Tera ones ride much better on the road.

animated_robot 12-30-2011 09:23 PM

Thanks for the input Chris. Next on the list - shocks!