Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

teraflex fox shocks vs fox shocks

Old 10-17-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teraflex fox shocks vs fox shocks

ok so I am going to take the plunge on some new fox shocks but I see that teraflex has a fox shock setup and fox shocks has a set. Are these two the same?? I see that the teraflex system is priced quite a bit cheaper?
Old 10-17-2011, 08:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by captainkeene
ok so I am going to take the plunge on some new fox shocks but I see that teraflex has a fox shock setup and fox shocks has a set. Are these two the same?? I see that the teraflex system is priced quite a bit cheaper?
I think the Fox shocks used in some TF kits are the 2.0's and they are valved for TF's spring rates. The differences in pricing may be the shock body, shaft diameter, external reservoir or not, valving and so on
Old 12-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by bubba_zenetti
TF shocks are specifically valved for the weight of the JK and the type of driving it is likely to encounter.

I run them and they are simply awsome.
This is the correct answer. The standard Fox 2.0 shock isn't great for a JK. Teraflex and BDS both have custom valved Fox 2.0 shocks that they offer and they are a huge improvement.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepAddOns-Chris
This is the correct answer. The standard Fox 2.0 shock isn't great for a JK. Teraflex and BDS both have custom valved Fox 2.0 shocks that they offer and they are a huge improvement.
I thought Fox shocks are for racing rigs. Does the Teraflex Fox shocks work well with DD and mild/moderate offroad? I am in the market and so up and down about shocks.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Save your money and buy a non racing shock....
Old 12-29-2011, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im digging the BDS

Thanks again Chris!
Old 12-30-2011, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

I have the standard Fox 2.0's and they are a bit harsh, but good offroad and work well when carrying extra weight, was in a bind at the time of the lift install and needed shocks asap, they work good enough for now..
Old 12-30-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have the TeraFlex tuned Fox shocks on our JK's..... 6" TeraFlex LCG lifts on 42's.... the drive on and off road is great!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by animated_robot
I thought Fox shocks are for racing rigs. Does the Teraflex Fox shocks work well with DD and mild/moderate offroad? I am in the market and so up and down about shocks.
Fox shocks are designed for no fade like most shocks get when being truly worked. Thus, the racing applications. The JK specific tuned ones are great for DD rigs that also are going to see some action off the asphalt. In addition, the diameter (2" vs 2.5-2.75") is a plus.

Originally Posted by dowayno
Im digging the BDS

Thanks again Chris!
What's up D! Told ya you'd love 'em!

Originally Posted by Bronco88
I have the standard Fox 2.0's and they are a bit harsh, but good offroad and work well when carrying extra weight, was in a bind at the time of the lift install and needed shocks asap, they work good enough for now..
The standard are great offroad, but as you mentioned a bit harsh. The BDS and Tera ones ride much better on the road.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the input Chris. Next on the list - shocks!

Quick Reply: teraflex fox shocks vs fox shocks