Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex HD BB

Old 02-07-2008, 10:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys

edubreuil - thanks for the reply

If he just asked if adding 3" HD springs would require mods...it would have been less confusing.
Will I need any additional mods with the 3" HD springs from Tera.
- Thought I was pretty clear here.

Yeah I ordered the kit last summer before the HD was available. Might do track bars later but I'm hoping I'll be in the ballpark of where everyone else is (with just the spacers and no bumper/winch)

I can live with a little wandering - look at my Sig

Last edited by drifter dave; 02-07-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by drifter dave
Thanks for the feedback guys

edubreuil - thanks for the reply

- Thought I was pretty clear here.

Yeah I ordered the kit last summer before the HD was available. Might do track bars later but I'm hoping I'll be in the ballpark of where everyone else is (with just the spacers and no bumper/winch)

I can live with a little wandering - look at my Sig
Can you post or pm me with your results when you are done? Ive been thinking about doing the same, but I was worried about the height too. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:24 PM
JK Newbie

yup sure

Mostly concerned with the brake lines
Old 02-14-2008, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi Drifter Dave,

I just completed this mod on my 2 dr Rubicon: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/installation-teraflex-2-5%94-hd-budget-boost-shocks%85-5-hour-spring-28834/

I too had multiple questions before buying/installing this kit. I was so concerned, I even called/pm'ed Teraflex multiple times to make sure everything would be good, and there wouldn't be any problems or added accessories needed when/after installing this kit. I can assure you that you will not need anything else except wheels with less backspacing, or wheel spacers if you install this kit. It is recommended, by Teraflex, that you get the rear track bar relocation bracket, and also a new steering stabilizer up front, although it is by no means neccessary.

The reason I got the HD kit, like you, is because I plan on putting a new bumper/winch on the front end, and I wanted my Jeep to sit level with all that added weight. According to Teraflex, the springs will be a little tall at first, but will settle over time, in addition to the leveling that will occur when you put the heavy accessories on the front. New drive shafts are not needed unless you get the upper and lower flex arms, as they are called by Teraflex, which I think are just new control arms. Additionally, new brake lines are not needed.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks.

ColinW

Last edited by User 12721; 02-14-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:52 PM
JK Newbie

Dood - thanks for the input - much appriciated.

Procomp mis-packaged my steel wheels (15" in the 16" box) - so I'm on hold for a bit. Cheers
Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TEEJ, whats your girlfriend got against Florida?..............
Old 02-20-2008, 11:02 PM
JK Freak

i just installed this kit. its great except you will wanna get a front track bar to center the axle. the springs are tall right now but as soon as i put the front bumper on im sure the front will become level. mine came with discos, longer rear sway bars, brake line brackets. id recommend the kit to anyone.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, pardon my ignorance but I'm really trying to work through all of this information (great site ) and want a lift to add 35's. I've read all the rave reviews about the TFBB but am shy in pulling the trigger.

I've built a couple of muscle cars over the years and have always used higher rate springs to accomplish lift. I would like to do the same here w/o using pucks (guess I'm just used to my old ways?) but do realize that this is a Jeep and not a 442.

Does anyone know a part number or application that would give me 3" up front and 2.5" in the rear, and which shocks to use? Is it possible that a Commander setup will work? I have access to aftermarket parts and plan on looking into this further but would appreciate any already gained knowledge in this area.

I'll never climb rocks so articulation for me will be minimal to say the least. Just don't think my investing $900.00 on a designed kit is working smart in my case.

Thanks
Old 03-26-2008, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

We just did this install on my buddies JK. We took the 2.5 BB kit from Teraflex and bought the extra 3" springs and put the springs in the front and use the spacers in the back. We also installed the 3/4" Skyjacker spacer on the front top of the springs to help compensate for the bigger bumper and winch. It worked out great. My JK has the 2.5 BB kit with the 3/4" spacer and I do have a MORE bumper and Warn winch so I just order the new Teraflex springs too and I will install mine soon. My frontend dropped about 1 1/2 with the MORE bumper and Winch, so I need the extra lift. I spoke with Teraflex and discussed the whole setup and they said that it all would be fine, which is was.

Here is mine with the spacers no new springs yet.

Good luck, Ben
Old 03-26-2008, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BIGG

Does anyone know a part number or application that would give me 3" up front and 2.5" in the rear, and which shocks to use?
Here are the Teraflex P/N's for the JK if that is what you need along with some other items that you might consider.

3” JK front coils:
PN: 1853200 (2)

Adjustable Trac bar:
PN: 1753400 (1)

Sway bar links:
PN: 1754410 (a pair)

Rear Trac bracket:
PN: 1954202 (1)

Brake lines:
PN: 4353300

Ben

Quick Reply: Teraflex HD BB