Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex hub conversion on Fusion 4x4 Hybrid

Old 01-22-2020, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex hub conversion on Fusion 4x4 Hybrid

So I've been kicking around an idea of ordering a Fusion 4x4 hybrid front axle and when I save up some more get the Teraflex hub conversion.

Here's my rig:
2017 JKU sport
3.5" rubicon express (changing soon)
37x12.5 (38's down the road)
Everything else that's associated is stock

I want to do the hybrid instead of a full blown 60 to save (a little) weight and so I can build it in stages.

Is it possible to get the hub conversion and axle to work together? I think the RCV stub shaft length my be one of the only concerns?

Thoughts?
Old 01-23-2020, 05:19 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,853 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Considering this reuses regular ole JK knuckles, I can't see any reason that the TF hub conversion wouldn't work with it. The RCV stub shaft length that you already highlight is the only thing you'd have to address I think. I can't think of anyone on the forum, off the top of my head, that has the TF conversion. I have the Spyntec conversion, and the TF looks nicer, mainly due to the simplicity of standard 8-lug compared to the Spyntec that uses 5x5.5 lug pattern and forces you to bore out wheels and brake rotors.
The following users liked this post:
Ryan Harvey (01-23-2020)
Old 01-23-2020, 06:47 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Why not just finance the axle and get the full blown kingpin? Not sure where you are saving weight once you add the Teraflex outers and big brakes as the tubes and center section are the same. I would not think the kingpin outers would add more than 10 pounds to the axle weight. I would much rather have a king pin front over a ball joint. I would also want the high steer arms. Did you ask Dan what the weight difference is? Also if you go after market on an axle you are going to want to go with a wider then stock width, with the 38"x14.5" tires you are looking at down the road I would get a 72" wide axle matched with a 9"x17" 4.5"bs wheel.
Old 01-23-2020, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't really looking to finance. Regardless, you bring up good points. I need to find the time to call Dan so I can get some specifics. As far as the tires I was looking at 38x13.5 (not that there's much of a difference). I also want to keep my overall width as narrow as possible but obviously only as wide as necessary for clearance.

Quick Reply: Teraflex hub conversion on Fusion 4x4 Hybrid