Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex JK Leveling Kit

Old 08-14-2009, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex JK Leveling Kit

Just one more question before I buy the teraflex leveling kit. For those who have installed one what shocks are you running?

Stock X Shocks, Stock Rubi Shocks, shock extenders, other upgrade?

I have decided that this lift is what I want to run on my unlimited X for now, so please don't try to convince me to get a 2.5 TF,OME,RC etc... spring lift.

I just want to know if I need to do anything about shocks when I get the leveling kit.

Thanks

Brian

Last edited by JKommuter; 08-14-2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: translated giberish to english
Old 08-14-2009, 01:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that most people are running the stock shocks since if you go aftermarket you would need to worry about compressed lenght being short enough so you use the bump stops. Out of the stockers if you want a firmer ride then you could go with the Rubi ones from someone elses Jeep, or if the way you like the way yours rides now then stick with your stock shocks.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

I went with bilstein 5100's
I checked with both manufacturers and the compressed lengths were fine.
I am running 4dr rubi coils on a 2dr X though.

Anyway...the ride is like night and day difference, havent gone out on a trail yet but I live out in the country and the roads are pretty crappy.
I noticed the difference in ride quality.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

I guess for now I will leave the stock shocks and maybe try to pick up some rubi take-offs on craigslist.

Quick Reply: Teraflex JK Leveling Kit