Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex LCA's broken zerks

Old 09-21-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, TF, Are you out there listening Joe?-i'm having the same problem-mine are gone from the install.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rinkishJK
well i guess they changed something, cause i got a set of front lca's last week and there is a straight zerk on it. not an angled one like adam posted... i cant get my grease gun on the zerk with the arm on though, so to grease i have to drop the one end...kinda a PITA..
I bought my TF front LCA's last March and they came with the straight zerks. I haven't had a problem with them yet, aside from the noted minor PITA it is having to drop the arms to grease them.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah...mine all busted. Steps taken...

1) Push on grease gun
2) Inject grease
3) Pull off grease gun
4) remove broken fitting from end of grease gun

Soon as I think they need doing again, will be replacing them all.

Very annoying...

Grant
Old 09-21-2010, 02:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got off the phone w/Joe. They're working on a fix or improved design. Until then, he's sending me replacement and gave me a suggestion which I like:

Just keep the plugs in (not zerks at all), and then put the zerk in the bottom of the LCA just to grease it, then put plugs back in. I figure it's brand new and was greased well. I should be ok while they develope a fix.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Teraflex LCA's broken zerks

When there new u definitely need to grease them. They only use assembly lube to assemble them. Joe even told me u have to grease them.

Sent from my Droid
Old 09-21-2010, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam

Just keep the plugs in (not zerks at all), and then put the zerk in the bottom of the LCA just to grease it, then put plugs back in. I figure it's brand new and was greased well. I should be ok while they develope a fix.
Problem is, as soon as you remove the grease gun they break...3 of mine broke the first time I greased them and the other one came loose and fell out...

Its great that they have all these ideas for what we can do AFTER we spend our money with them. I wish I could treat my customers like that and have them be ok with it...well I'm not ok with that.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rinkishJK
When there new u definitely need to grease them. They only use assembly lube to assemble them. Joe even told me u have to grease them.
Oh, they were greased. Just take a look at the pics. Greased like a monkey (whatever that means).
Old 09-21-2010, 02:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Teraflex LCA's broken zerks

Oh, they were greased. Just take a look at the pics. Greased like a monkey (whatever that means).
Yea I saw that I was just saying for anyone else who reads this.. pep boy and those stores have zerks usually in the help section.. u could just use one of them.

Sent from my Droid
Old 09-21-2010, 03:06 PM
JK Super Freak

How difficult is it to remove the broken zerks? Frankly I don't want it to be a pain in the butt to remove and install new ones if my kit is only 5 days old.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spleify
Problem is, as soon as you remove the grease gun they break...3 of mine broke the first time I greased them and the other one came loose and fell out...

Its great that they have all these ideas for what we can do AFTER we spend our money with them. I wish I could treat my customers like that and have them be ok with it...well I'm not ok with that.
Anyone needing grease zerts, send me your name/address to j.thompson@teraflx.com . TeraFlex is going to update the zerts as soon as a better one is found. If you broken one, can you post a pic of which style you have?

Originally Posted by abailey
How difficult is it to remove the broken zerks? Frankly I don't want it to be a pain in the butt to remove and install new ones if my kit is only 5 days old.
You can try using a small screwdriver to back out the broken half.

Last edited by TeraFlex; 09-21-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Teraflex LCA's broken zerks