Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Teraflex Performance leveling kit VS. Eibach Leveling Kit

Old 02-11-2013, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex Performance leveling kit VS. Eibach Leveling Kit

I've done extensive research on both of these leveling kits and I'm having a hard time making a decision. Both are stated to give 2" front raise and 1" rear, both have great reviews (Teraflex more so), but the biggest difference I see is the price.

Quadratec has me quoted at $125 dollars more, shipped for the Teraflex.

I want to know your input and pictures about both! Thanks guys!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Most anyone on this forum is going to suggest the Teraflex over the Eibach. I have no experience with either, but will suggest that the Teraflex will likely keep you happier for longer. Results will likely be similar at first, but Eibach's stunning reputation doesn't always translate into trucks and suv's in my past experience.

There are tons of pictures on this forum of the TF kit and no one isn't happy with them for what they are. It's a highly trusted name in this community and for good reason.
I never invested in any eibach product for any of my past vehicles because it seems like they have their fingers in too many segments to be stunningly good at any of them. It could potentially be a very good product, but I've yet to see it on a jeep with long term reviews.
(i'm probably wrong, but I also won't buy sony products for the same reason)

On the other hand, if it's a short term solution until you go bigger, It's always worth a shot. if you go that route, report back of course
Old 02-11-2013, 12:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 170-3tree
Most anyone on this forum is going to suggest the Teraflex over the Eibach. I have no experience with either, but will suggest that the Teraflex will likely keep you happier for longer. Results will likely be similar at first, but Eibach's stunning reputation doesn't always translate into trucks and suv's in my past experience.

There are tons of pictures on this forum of the TF kit and no one isn't happy with them for what they are. It's a highly trusted name in this community and for good reason.
I never invested in any eibach product for any of my past vehicles because it seems like they have their fingers in too many segments to be stunningly good at any of them. It could potentially be a very good product, but I've yet to see it on a jeep with long term reviews.
(i'm probably wrong, but I also won't buy sony products for the same reason)

On the other hand, if it's a short term solution until you go bigger, It's always worth a shot. if you go that route, report back of course

Do yourself a favor dont spend too much on a leveling kit as you will want to upgrade in the future. I would go with a .75 rear and 1.75 front coil spacer and nothing else for now, total cost about $60. if you find you need more you will proably want to move up to a 2.5-3.5 spring kit and that would need shocks control ams exc.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by swaite3

Do yourself a favor dont spend too much on a leveling kit as you will want to upgrade in the future. I would go with a .75 rear and 1.75 front coil spacer and nothing else for now, total cost about $60. if you find you need more you will proably want to move up to a 2.5-3.5 spring kit and that would need shocks control ams exc.
I know that this IS as big as I will ever go. Slap some 33 Duratracs and I'm still running decent gas mileage and still family practical, yet off road efficient.

I like going off road now and then but unfortunately this is my DD and won't be rock crawling.

Has anyone run the Eibach kit for any period of time out there?
Old 02-11-2013, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm also in the market and I noticed some kits come with extenders for shocks, brake lines, sway bar, etc. Can I just get away with spacers and keep my everything else stock? I do plan on upgrading in the future, but I have an opportunity to get a complete set of 35 Nitto trail grapplers on 17" XD series but I would need make the swap possibly tomorrow and I haven't had a chance to order a lift yet.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TF choosing a lift vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZUSrjamaJE

It's best pocketbook wise to go with long term planning. Be realistic in your off road plans. Balance that with your daily drive and your passengers comfort.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having been on these forums for several years I was unaware eibach even had a offering like this. Imo with that small of a lift you likely won't see much of a difference in either products. That being said, I have never heard complaints on the teraflex variety.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Go with Teraflex. Eibach is for low riders...
Old 02-11-2013, 05:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Teraflex spring leveling kit. I'm waiting on a set of 3.5" RK springs. I love this kit but I never seem content. We must go bigger. If you can hold out a little longer, I'll cut you a deal.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:08 PM
JK Newbie

We have the Teraflex leveling kit in our 2012 JKUR and we could not be happier. I currently have 305's and could probably clear 315's with no problem. Some day we might go bigger but for the next couple of years, it is a daily driver.

Quick Reply: Teraflex Performance leveling kit VS. Eibach Leveling Kit