Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex RockGuard Sliders

Old 04-04-2007, 11:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Teraflex RockGuard Sliders

Isn't anyone here considering the Teraflex sliders? I saw some pictures of them over in the gallery section, but other than that, I haven't seen anyone mention them.

I just discovered them yesterday. I see that they're made of aluminum, which may be why they seem less popular, but they might work well for me. I just want to upgrade my Sahara side steps to something that has a little more ground clearance. I only do mild offroading, and large rocks and boulders aren't an issue for me.

According to Teraflex, they only weigh 14lbs. per side. That's a lot less than the 60-70lb. steel sliders I've been looking at. Besides being lighter, I like the fact that they won't rust. And Terflex said they stick out about 3.5 inches and can be used as a step, which I also like. They mentioned that they mount up to six holes on the front, and 3 holes underneath, which sounds exactly like where my Sahara steps mount (so no drilling).

So what do you guys think about the Teraflex sliders? Anyone considering them?
Old 04-04-2007, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jckid
Isn't anyone here considering the Teraflex sliders? I saw some pictures of them over in the gallery section, but other than that, I haven't seen anyone mention them.

I just discovered them yesterday. I see that they're made of aluminum, which may be why they seem less popular, but they might work well for me. I just want to upgrade my Sahara side steps to something that has a little more ground clearance. I only do mild offroading, and large rocks and boulders aren't an issue for me.

According to Teraflex, they only weigh 14lbs. per side. That's a lot less than the 60-70lb. steel sliders I've been looking at. Besides being lighter, I like the fact that they won't rust. And Terflex said they stick out about 3.5 inches and can be used as a step, which I also like. They mentioned that they mount up to six holes on the front, and 3 holes underneath, which sounds exactly like where my Sahara steps mount (so no drilling).

So what do you guys think about the Teraflex sliders? Anyone considering them?
I definately am. I like how the profile matches the body on our JK's, same as the stock Rubicon ones do. They are the only ones I've seen that do! I don't like how others have a BIG gap where the stockers go.

Being up to .250" thick in hi-stress areas is good too. Take a hammer to a .250" section of 6063-T5 aluminum. IT IS STRONG! I like the light weight also.

I called Tera about them. They say a new catalog is going to be released very soon which shows them on the JK. That's what I'm waiting for. I wanna see them installed.

I am a Terfaflex fan. I think they make great products. That's my humble opinion.

~
Old 04-04-2007, 12:18 PM
JK Newbie

The are listed at quadra tek:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12002_1X00_PG.htm

And shown on their 'Extreem 4x4' build-out:

http://www.quadratec.com/Showcases/rtm_4x4_xtreme/

Sure looks like there is drilling (and mentioned in the quadratek summary); but if there isn't any - sign me up.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maliki
The are listed at quadra tek:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12002_1X00_PG.htm

And shown on their 'Extreem 4x4' build-out:

http://www.quadratec.com/Showcases/rtm_4x4_xtreme/

Sure looks like there is drilling (and mentioned in the quadratek summary); but if there isn't any - sign me up.

A lot of Teraflex's stuff matures, so I'm not too sure they'll look like the ones on the 'Extreem 4x4' build. A lot of those pictures we see were taken very early on before production stuff is made..... Similar to the track bars they show in their brochure that have 2 Heim joints, the production ones only have 1 Heim joint.

I'll wait to see what the production ones look like.

~
Old 04-04-2007, 12:28 PM
JK Super Freak

i like them a lot, i like the fact that they are aluminum(meaning light weight)

my favorite ones are the ones from poison spyder, tera are#2

to me it will be who comes out with their rocksliders first
Old 04-04-2007, 01:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Teraflex design is best for my needs now as it would be great step for the kids getting into the back AND provides the best ground clearance that I 've seen so far. But, I too am anxiously waiting on the release of the Poison Spyder sliders. The Shrockworks design looks good, but seems to give up a few inches of clearance under the rocker. I would really prefer a set that contours to the angle of the JK rocker.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by huskynox
A lot of Teraflex's stuff matures, so I'm not too sure they'll look like the ones on the 'Extreem 4x4' build. A lot of those pictures we see were taken very early on before production stuff is made..... Similar to the track bars they show in their brochure that have 2 Heim joints, the production ones only have 1 Heim joint.

I'll wait to see what the production ones look like.

~
Yeh, the picture of the one's on Quadratec's Extreme 4X4 JK do not look like the same ones that are now available for sale. Those on the Extreme JK look like they required six holes to be drilled into the side of the body. I just couldn't do that. From talking to Teraflex, I got the idea that the sliders mount to the same holes that are already on my Sahara. I may call Teraflex back to clarify.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok. Well now I am kind of bummed. I went ahead and called Teraflex back to clarify. You do have to drill six holes into the side of the body (like the one's pictured on the Extreme JK). :sad: That pretty much rules them out for me. I just can't drill holes in the side of the body, because if I decided to change to a different kind of slider in the future, I'd be stuck with a bunch of ugly holes in the side of my Jeep. Dang! I was really sold on them too. :whoaisme:
Old 04-04-2007, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I looked for quite a while and I've had them on order from Quadratec for a few months. Last email from them (yesterday) was that they may have them in a week or two. I hope they are worth the wait just like the JK. I'll tell you this Jeep project sure has taught me some patience. LOL
Old 04-04-2007, 09:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kidjeep
The Shrockworks design looks good, but seems to give up a few inches of clearance under the rocker. I would really prefer a set that contours to the angle of the JK rocker.
The Shrockworks ones come out of the side of the frame and angle up so any rock would hit the frame first and the ones that are to the side of the frame are the ones that I want to keep away from the body, so I think the Shrockworks design works well for body protection.

Quick Reply: Teraflex RockGuard Sliders