Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Teraflex vs JKS quick disconnects

Old 01-10-2012, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Teraflex vs JKS quick disconnects

I am thinking about getting the quick disconnects for my JKU. I have read a lot of people recommend the JKS ones over the teraflex b/c the JKS ones are adjustable.

My concern though is with the JKS they sell a set for 0-2 inch lift then another set for 2.5+ while the Teraflex sells one for 0 to 3 inches and then 3+.. Right now I am stock so either will work but in the future I might decide to get a 2.5inch lift, which I assume the Teraflex 0-3inch would be compatible (especially if I end up getting a teraflex lift kit). I also like that the Teraflex kit comes with a bracket to connect the sway bar too when you are disconnected.

So my question for you guys is the fact the JKS is adjustable a big enough bonus to overcome the the fact with the Teraflex I am ready for an eventual 2.5 inch lift?
Old 01-10-2012, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the 0-2" JKS discos. I liked that I could set them so my swaybar would be as close to level as possible. I currently have a 1.5" leveling kit. I figure that if the 2.5" lift wont work with them, I will just sell them and get new ones. They seem like a pretty wanted item all the time, so should be easy to find a buyer

I was also a little uneasy with that upper mounting location. I know I would always be worried it would rub on my tires haha. I'm very neurotic when it comes to my Jeep
Old 01-10-2012, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

I have the JKS 2.5" discos. Love em. Super easy.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:37 AM
JK Freak

I had the JKS at the same time as a 4" Currie lift. Lots of issues with rubbing, even with 1.5" wheel spacers and one side finally broke off. Now I have a Currie Anti-Rock front sway bar setup. Much nicer, no problems to date and I don't have to mess with trying to disconnect or reconnect.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Teraflex

I went Teraflex and here is why. #1 bought them off a guy who got extras when he went to a new lift. #2 I love Teraflex #3 I have lots of Teraflex gear already and both the product and customer service have not let me down, (see also reason #2) #4 Where I live it is muddy and I dont want to have to find a place to put muddy sway bar links in my clean Jeep.

To me the only advantage would be adjustability of the JKS and from what I have heard and scene in JKS trackbars they make nice stuff. But I have no regrets with my Teraflex quick discos.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bobbyspaghetti
#4 Where I live it is muddy and I dont want to have to find a place to put muddy sway bar links in my clean Jeep.
Yea I really like how the TF ones just rotate up and place the pin in... taking the jks's completely off then tying the sway bar down doesn't seem as smooth... The TF also looks a little easier to install and its cheaper... BUT everyone recommends the JKS which is where the dilemma comes from... decisions decisions
Old 01-10-2012, 03:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with JKS, the first time out durring full flex, the bolt on sway bar went into the side wall so now I have to remove every time. I have added to my bum stops and run 1.5spacers, but do not want to take a chance.
AMen

Go TF
Old 01-10-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

after reading this thread here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ill-tires-rub&

I am starting to reconsider if I want them... Seems like I am fine if I stick to my 255/75/17's but if I ever want to go 285/70/17 with 1.5 spacers I will likely have some rubbing problems... More than likely have to get new rims if I want to jump up to 33's... so I have to decide what do I want more 33's w/ spacers or the disconnecting sways
Old 01-10-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

so if i understand correclty, if i keep my stock wheels that came with my sahara and bet a 1.5 wheel spacer i shouldn't have any rubbing issues?
Old 01-10-2012, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by antonioso
so if i understand correclty, if i keep my stock wheels that came with my sahara and bet a 1.5 wheel spacer i shouldn't have any rubbing issues?
From what I have read you should be able to run without the spacers with stock wheels/tires without rubbing.. spacers would be a good insurance policy though. My problem is was thinking about running spacers and then getting larger tires and according to what I am reading that will cause some problems with both of these kits... according to that other thread if I wanted to run 33's I would need to buy a wheel with 4.5 or lower backspacing... stock wheels with spacers is something like 4.75 back spacing.

Quick Reply: Teraflex vs JKS quick disconnects