Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tereflex hood strut conversion question

Old 09-18-2013, 06:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tereflex hood strut conversion question

I was looking into adding this to my JKU. I read some older posts where people had issues with it bending the hood hinges. The posts were older and it appeared that tereflex was looking into the issue. Anyone with recent experience with this product or recommendations for one similar? Discount tire sell the tereflex one and the price is right. Just want to make sure I won't run into issues. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 09-18-2013, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for the same info! I installed them and had an 1" gap so I took them off immediately before I damaged anything.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have installed a few sets of these at the shop. I have noticed over time they start pushing the hood forward.
Haven't had a problem with the hinges but the hood latches hardly lined up on one jeep after about 4 months.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought them a few months back and they did push my hood forward. The hood clasps are misaligned by about 1/2 an inch.

Quick Reply: Tereflex hood strut conversion question