Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tereflex questions... (not like the ones below)

Old 04-17-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tereflex questions... (not like the ones below)

I am looking to go with a tera flex coil lift but cant decide which is the better route.

2.5'' coils with shocks...

3.0'' coils with shocks...

I do want to get a good lift hight wise but I do not want to replace driveshafts...

I have a 2009 Unlimited Rubicon with an AUTO trans...

I am worried that the 3'' coil lift will make too much hight and need to get new DS's or at least one in the front...

I also do not want to have to extend break lines... if its possiable to do without then I would much rather...

I would love to do the 3'' kit but with mentioned worries is it possiable ??

Lastly I know this has been answered 100 times but I just searched for this and search kinda sucks because there is SOOOo much info and soooo many posts that have info but its within 5000 pages on a single post that you gotta look though... which is a GREAT thing but hard to find stuff in....

for 2.5 or 3' lift on stock setup I will not need spacers correct ?? I am going to move up to 35's with new rims with 5'' backspacing soon but I can lift with stock rim and tire and be ok for now right ??
or do I need spacers just because of the lift ?

Also.. I will be doing trackbars eventually but for now I am not going to get them... I will get front adjustable one a month or two down the line... how bad is it to run without one at all ??
Old 04-17-2009, 08:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joey2times
I am looking to go with a tera flex coil lift but cant decide which is the better route.

2.5'' coils with shocks...

3.0'' coils with shocks...

I do want to get a good lift hight wise but I do not want to replace driveshafts...

I have a 2009 Unlimited Rubicon with an AUTO trans...

I am worried that the 3'' coil lift will make too much hight and need to get new DS's or at least one in the front...

I also do not want to have to extend break lines... if its possiable to do without then I would much rather...

I would love to do the 3'' kit but with mentioned worries is it possiable ??

Lastly I know this has been answered 100 times but I just searched for this and search kinda sucks because there is SOOOo much info and soooo many posts that have info but its within 5000 pages on a single post that you gotta look though... which is a GREAT thing but hard to find stuff in....

for 2.5 or 3' lift on stock setup I will not need spacers correct ?? I am going to move up to 35's with new rims with 5'' backspacing soon but I can lift with stock rim and tire and be ok for now right ??
or do I need spacers just because of the lift ?

Also.. I will be doing trackbars eventually but for now I am not going to get them... I will get front adjustable one a month or two down the line... how bad is it to run without one at all ??
You can run your stocks, not problem. You would only need spacers if you went with a larger tire on your stock rim.

You'll be fine without the track bars. Your axles will be off center but it won't effect the way it drives.

I'm not sure on the actual height of the TF 3" but I've heard of guys getting 4+ " out of it and that would call for a front ds and extended brake lines, most likely.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Calypso
You can run your stocks, not problem. You would only need spacers if you went with a larger tire on your stock rim.

You'll be fine without the track bars. Your axles will be off center but it won't effect the way it drives.

I'm not sure on the actual height of the TF 3" but I've heard of guys getting 4+ " out of it and that would call for a front ds and extended brake lines, most likely.

I plan on running new shocks regardless but I ment spacers for the wheels... I think thats what you were meaning...

I could run stock wheels and tires on a 3 inch lift or 2.5 lift with out wheel spacers ? thats good news... because I want to lift now... and get tires and rims when it can be afforded. rather then buy the lift and then wait till I can put wheels on also to instal
Old 04-17-2009, 08:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you wont need new DS for either kit wiht an unlimited.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What size of tires do you want to end up with?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
What size of tires do you want to end up with?
going to go 18inch wheels with 35x12.5's nitto mud grapplers most likely
Old 04-17-2009, 09:26 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 3" will raise the front on a stock 4dr JK 4.25". I see your planning on adding bumpers, which will lower it some. I'd suggest the 3" with what you have planned for bumpers/tires. Stock rear should last for a while until you twist it. Front until you snag that boot on it. Replace the driveshafts when you need to. The 3" comes with extend brakelines and relocators and yes you will want these. Feel free to call me.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
The 3" will raise the front on a stock 4dr JK 4.25". I see your planning on adding bumpers, which will lower it some. I'd suggest the 3" with what you have planned for bumpers/tires. Stock rear should last for a while until you twist it. Front until you snag that boot on it. Replace the driveshafts when you need to. The 3" comes with extend brakelines and relocators and yes you will want these. Feel free to call me.
Thanks for the responces TF

Knowing that with the 3'' I will need to replace the DS's eventually I am going to shy away from it... The truck is a lease... and I want to get 35's on her without having worries of tweaking shafts and having to replace them... I dont wheel very hard... and bumpers are not going to be comming in soon, they are long term plans... I just got her and have 3 years to keep her working propperly before I end up buying her and going for a larger lift and big plans... 37's and stuff (kinda pipe dreams right now)

am I going to have the same issues with the 2.5'' kit ?? breaklines DS angles relocators and things like that ??
Old 04-17-2009, 02:55 PM
JK Super Freak

oh shiz joey... you're getting the bug bad!

but dude that will pretty ill when you get it done!
Old 04-17-2009, 04:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m(a)ce
oh shiz joey... you're getting the bug bad!

but dude that will pretty ill when you get it done!
did you just sau ILL

Quick Reply: Tereflex questions... (not like the ones below)