Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF 2.5 BB/Springs question

Old 09-04-2008, 03:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF 2.5 BB/Springs question

I have gotten an unexpected bonus from work, so the Mrs. is onboard with me ordering up a lift for the JK. I'm planning on retaining the stock 32s so I'm looking at the TF 2.5 kits. I had a question about whether or not to go with a regular BB and shock adapters or the hybrid kit with front springs and rear spacers. The situation is:

Keeping stock tires
Installing RRC front bumper with Warn HSi9500/synthetic rope

I'm leaning towards the hybrid kit because of the bumper/winch but I also don't want it to look to big for the tires either. Thanks for any advice/insight.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 08RubiUnlimited
I have gotten an unexpected bonus from work, so the Mrs. is onboard with me ordering up a lift for the JK. I'm planning on retaining the stock 32s so I'm looking at the TF 2.5 kits. I had a question about whether or not to go with a regular BB and shock adapters or the hybrid kit with front springs and rear spacers. The situation is:

Keeping stock tires
Installing RRC front bumper with Warn HSi9500/synthetic rope

I'm leaning towards the hybrid kit because of the bumper/winch but I also don't want it to look to big for the tires either. Thanks for any advice/insight.
Well the "Hybrid kit" no longer exists. TeraFlex now offers 3 2.5" kits that have 4 coils and 3 kits that have 2.5" spacers. Take a look at this thread about them. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/sponsoring-manufacturers-vendors-check-out-cyber-monday-specials-24/teraflex-2-5-coil-lift-kits-coils-45514/
Go with the #1352000 kit.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot to mention in my originl post that I'm adding a rear bumper as well...I'm assuming the recomendation will still be for the springs over pucks?

Quick Reply: TF 2.5 BB/Springs question