Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TF 3" Suspension or RE 3.5"

Old 02-19-2010, 10:34 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rc007
I think there is no question about quality for Terraflex kit. I think Rubicon Express is also quality product. I have not heard anything bad for the RE kit. So how do i justify the added $350.00 expense for the TF kit?
Pay a little more and you get a better product and support, especially since TF is on here all the time. Choose RE if you want consistant bushing probs.haha
Old 02-19-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
I would suggest the #1256200 kit (3" kit with TeraFlex 9550 shocks, front lower/rear upper arms) and add the #1753418 trackbar. You can order the kit minus the 9550 shocks and upgrade to the ELKA shocks if you want to. Keep in mind that without adjustable front lower control arms, you won't be able adjust the caster. If you have any questions, give me a call. How big of tires do you want to run?
I went with this kit, and I am having it installed Thursday I agonized over the decision for months since I knew I would not have the money to redo it. I looked at all of the major brands but it was talking to TF owners that convinced me.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
I would suggest the #1256200 kit (3" kit with TeraFlex 9550 shocks, front lower/rear upper arms) and add the #1753418 trackbar. You can order the kit minus the 9550 shocks and upgrade to the ELKA shocks if you want to. Keep in mind that without adjustable front lower control arms, you won't be able adjust the caster. If you have any questions, give me a call. How big of tires do you want to run?
X2, I am running this same setup with the 9550's. I love it, it not only flexes like crazy on the trail, it also rides better than stock while running 35's. I am sure the RE lifts are good quality but in my opinion it is worth the extra money!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rc007
I think there is no question about quality for Terraflex kit. I think Rubicon Express is also quality product. I have not heard anything bad for the RE kit. So how do i justify the added $350.00 expense for the TF kit?
Don't let price be the deciding factor. This is how many end up being unhappy when they buy the lowest cost lift kit.

Talk to both TF and RE and let them explain to you why their product is better.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

I have the RE kit with currie front lower control arms. I have installed the teraflex 3" on other jeeps at the dealership I work at (also had tf lower front control arms) , my experience is the teraflex is a much softer ride. I do not mind the ride of my re kit, but I have some flightyness and a shimmy at 60mph that I have been unable to get rid of, I have had none of this with the TF kit. Hope this helps. If you want I will sell you my RE kit, so I can upgrade to TF.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run 35's great with TF 2.5 coil kit with shocks, or you can get the adapters for the shocks you have now to cut down on $$. You don't NEED anything extra aside from the kit, but drive it and see how you like it. I found the ride to be a little flighty at speeds above 65 MPH, so I got some TF front lower control arms to adjust caster and a JKS front adjustable trackbar to center my front axle. all of this cost me around 1000$. I am not trying to steer you from the kits you are talking about, but it sounds like you are on a budget (arent we all)
Old 02-20-2010, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have the RE kit and all of my buddies run RE without a single problem.

I have no concerns about the quality or bushings...

Either is a good purchase so really, it comes down to which sticker you like most :P
Old 02-22-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you all for the input. You guys have made it easier for me. I'm going with the RE 3.5 kit and use the extra $350 for a winch bumper. No hard feeling TF but i'm on a budget and I think RE will get me a better value.

Quick Reply: TF 3" Suspension or RE 3.5"