Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about next mod- looking for outside opinions

Old 03-25-2014, 12:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about next mod- looking for outside opinions

It is funny how a simple change like swapping out your rock rails can really put the mod bug in a person but I guess that is the Jeep life. Haha. So I have been doing a lot of reading and think I am sold on the Tereflex leveling kit and some spidertrax wheel spacers as the next mods to throw on. Not really looking for much of a lift and the factory rake doesn't bother me (I know it seems I am in the minority on that) so I think the leveling kit would be good to give me a little more height and prepare for any sag that may come with a new front bumper. As far as the spacers I like the wider stance they will give and the option to run bigger tires eventually.

Just wanted to get some general opinions on these two mods and if I had to do one before the other what others would recommend doing first.

Also, back to the front sag issue. I have a Rubicon with 18/60 coils. With the Tereflex leveling kit is there any estimate on how much sag a new 100lbs front bumper might cause?
Old 03-25-2014, 02:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pattymo05
It is funny how a simple change like swapping out your rock rails can really put the mod bug in a person but I guess that is the Jeep life. Haha. So I have been doing a lot of reading and think I am sold on the Tereflex leveling kit and some spidertrax wheel spacers as the next mods to throw on. Not really looking for much of a lift and the factory rake doesn't bother me (I know it seems I am in the minority on that) so I think the leveling kit would be good to give me a little more height and prepare for any sag that may come with a new front bumper. As far as the spacers I like the wider stance they will give and the option to run bigger tires eventually.

Just wanted to get some general opinions on these two mods and if I had to do one before the other what others would recommend doing first.

Also, back to the front sag issue. I have a Rubicon with 18/60 coils. With the Tereflex leveling kit is there any estimate on how much sag a new 100lbs front bumper might cause?
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Jeep!

I started off with a Teraflex Budget Boost with Spidertrax wheel spacers. I've since replaced most of the BB with beefier items as most of my armour mods have added a lot of sag. The spidertraxs are still on and function as great as they are suppose to. I've never heard a bad thing about these spacers.

With the budget boost and the wheel spacers on my Rubicon I was really happy with the performance and its look. Looked great and loved it for the cost involved. Can't go wrong with it in my opinion!
Old 03-25-2014, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Jeep!

I started off with a Teraflex Budget Boost with Spidertrax wheel spacers. I've since replaced most of the BB with beefier items as most of my armour mods have added a lot of sag. The spidertraxs are still on and function as great as they are suppose to. I've never heard a bad thing about these spacers.

With the budget boost and the wheel spacers on my Rubicon I was really happy with the performance and its look. Looked great and loved it for the cost involved. Can't go wrong with it in my opinion!

Thanks for the insight. I think its the right way to go for me and like you said you can't beat the cost for the added look and little bit of extra room. Right now I think the only additional armor would be a new front bumper and I am looing at the Brricade trail force which is listed at 79lbs so not too much more than the stock.

Also, how visible are the wheel spacers when looking at the wheel. just curious.

Last edited by pattymo05; 03-25-2014 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Thinking about next mod- looking for outside opinions