Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

For those interested in Airaid CAI...

Old 06-15-2007, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those interested in Airaid CAI...

Just got mine, and hope to install it this weekend. I got a great deal on it - $208.16 with shipping from 4wd.com (they price-matched another vendor and then some!) Even cheaper than eBay! Got here in 3 days. They also threw in a bunch of stickers and keychains.

Hopefully the installation will go smoothly! I am a little worried about that damn sensor being so....well, sensitive!
Old 06-15-2007, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

about the sensor, just make sure you unhook the wiring before pulling the sensor out. Other than that, it should be pretty straingth forward.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesmichaelrice.com
Just got mine, and hope to install it this weekend. I got a great deal on it - $208.16 with shipping from 4wd.com (they price-matched another vendor and then some!) Even cheaper than eBay! Got here in 3 days. They also threw in a bunch of stickers and keychains.

Hopefully the installation will go smoothly! I am a little worried about that damn sensor being so....well, sensitive!
I have already sold mine. I put the stock airbox with the K&N drop in filter. I have come too close to soaking it when off road.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Mine was 210 and change from quadratec, also pricematched (no shipping).
I jsut went ahead and decided I wasn't going to use the stock airbox, and if I need another, I can buy it on eBay (and didn't feel like moving it for that matter), so I cut the sensor out of the tube instead of trying to yank it. Worked great. Took maybe 5 minutes.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Hey, just finished the installation. Now, I had a friend give me a hand. (he has the tools, I have the beer.. things got a little tense while trying to remove the sensor... we argued about the best way to do it (of course, my information came from this site, while he was trying to follow the instructions -- ha!). In the end, after trying VERRY carefully, we removed the sensor cable from the clip. Tricky business... at least, for me, since this is my first Jeep, first installation. After removing the tube itself, I struggled for a few minutes to SAFELY remove the sensor itself ffrom the tube. It definitely helps to remove the tube, in order to be able to hold the tube firmly, and then to apply even pressure while pulling the sensor straight out of the tube.

Dr. McNinja's idea is actually awesome if you plan on tossing the stock tube. I decided to keep mine, though I don't know why since I will probably let it sit in a closet for the next five years before I finally get around to throwing it away

Other than that, the installation was fairly easy. I took a short test drive, and I like the sound, though it is quieter than I thought. Hope to drive around a bit more later to see how the mileage/torque plays out.

Thanks to everyone on this site who helped offer tips for the installation. I definitely would have broken that dang sensor if I had not read earlier posts.

Last edited by jamesmichaelrice.com; 06-15-2007 at 03:38 PM.

Quick Reply: For those interested in Airaid CAI...