Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

For those sitting on the fence wanting to run bigger tires with 3.21 gearing.......

Old 03-09-2013, 05:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those sitting on the fence wanting to run bigger tires with 3.21 gearing.......

The AEV Procal really does the trick. I have a 2013 JKU auto tranny with 3.21 gearing and I am running Toyo AT/IIs in 295/75/16. After the install, I noticed my Jeep running sluggish and the shift points were obviously off. I compensated for this by using the manual shift mode and it did quite well. I finally put out the money for the AEV Procal and I couldn't be happier. My rig is no longer sluggish and it shifts great again. Glad I didn't settle for the 33s.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meant to do a follow up post sooner. I was a little hasty when I posted my original thoughts. I noticed improved shifting around town but once on the interstate, I realized my JKU was struggling getting up to speed and accelerating. I finally remedied my situation by trading my JKU 3.21 equipped rear axle ratio for a 3.73 equipped JKU and couldn't be any happier. So for those wanting to run 34s or 35s with the 3.21 gearing, think long and hard as it made my JKU a slow moving mule on the interstate.

Quick Reply: For those sitting on the fence wanting to run bigger tires with 3.21 gearing.......