Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Thoughts on the new Rough Country 3.5 lift.

Old 10-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Rough Country Representative

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You havent gotten that boot caught on anything have you? I have never had any issues out of mine. And this is the first time I have heard of any issues on it.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RCXTREME
You havent gotten that boot caught on anything have you? I have never had any issues out of mine. And this is the first time I have heard of any issues on it.

No, it didn't get caught on anything as its under the skid.....just some flexing.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aphillips76
They're only on there temporarily. I was having a slight issue with the CAs that came with the kit. I spoke with RC about the issue and they have MORE than taken care of the issue.

I don't want to get into the details, but note that Rough Country is a company who takes care of their customers and stands behind their products. They have my back so I have theirs.

GREAT JOB RC!
just when i thought i would pull the trigger on a rc kit a read a post like this that keeps me from doing so. i mean its great that they stand behind there product but i don't want to have to be installing and uninstalling lca or any other part for that matter because they have "issues", especially when i use the jeep as my daily driver. i have read to many posts like this with the same story. in the end i thing u really get what u pay for.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not buying the get what you pay for thing. Somethings are over priced or over built. I like the RC stuff and it is a good value. RC sells more stuff for more types of vehicles than most other companies. They will have more press than a smaller company both good and bad. I also believe you will find issues if you look for them with all manufacturers. Don't let a few post by people you don't know sway you opinion. Talk to you local shops that deal with this stuff everyday and see what they say. I did and all of them have been very happy withRC.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:04 AM
JK Super Freak

I am still happy with them.....they asked me to take pictures of the ripped boot. They didn't say tough luck.

They stand behind their product and shipped me a new Steering stabilizer shock after my draglink put a nasty dent in it.

I am sure they will take care of me again.....not too worried.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

bought mine friday and sould have it next week
Old 10-18-2010, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

just got my kit in today.....for those that are running the stock wheels did you have to use spacers or can you get by with out them.....plan on getting new wheels just running low on cash and don't want to wait to put the lift on.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

I'm happy with my RC 3.5" lift
Old 10-19-2010, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

I called and was going to order but out of stock. They should have another shipment in soon. Now I am contemplating wether to buy the 4" kit with upper and lower flex control arms. Too many decisions.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:22 PM
JK Super Freak

OK....here is an update.

I emailed the pics to Rough Country and they want me to take it a Rough Country dealer to make sure that the lift was installed properly. The pics I emailed them showed that I installed the spacers for the skid plate.

I was at my dealership today getting an oil change and asked them to take a look at my drive shaft. They said that they couldnt warranty it (I knew that they wouldnt) because of the lift...."Boot is ripped due to improper spacing of the transfer case cross member"

I now have to make an appointment and take it a Rough Country dealer to see what they say and then we'll see what happens.....kind of peeved I have to do all this but I guess if they make it right then it's worth it.

keep you posted.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on the new Rough Country 3.5 lift.