Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on Nitto's for a JK 11

Old 04-28-2014, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on Nitto's for a JK 11

Considering purchasing some Nitto Trail Grappler M/T LT 255/75R17 for my JK 11. Really don't take the Jeep off road at all. A lot of in town driving with the occasional 240 mi round trip hike. Just want a more aggressive look for the Jeep and i think these would do the trick. However, i welcome anyones opinion on.
1. How noisy are they while driving on a 1 - 10 (10 loudest and 1 being OEM)
2. Performance in the snow?
3. How many miles should i expect to get out of these tires?
4. Are they worth the $295 pr/ tire?

yes i realize a bunch to all of these answers are already on the internet, but id like some real input if anyone has any they'd like to share. thanks
Old 04-28-2014, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had the Trail Grapplers 295/70/18 for about 7000 miles now and they look GREAT so...

This is what I know :

Noise - With all the talk I thought they be quieter but not as loud as some maybe a 7.5

Snow - Well here in MD we had our share and I had NO problems or worries what so ever.

Miles - These are Trail/Mud and snow so I'm hoping 50 to 60k as long as you keep them rotated.

Worth - If you feel you want them and don't mind paying for them then, Yes they are worth it.

Last edited by RoccoV; 04-29-2014 at 08:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Nitto's for a JK 11