Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Thoughts on Skyjacker suspension lifts

Old 08-11-2012, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts on Skyjacker suspension lifts

Owner of a stock 2012 jk four door. This is my DD, and I am trying to decide what brand suspension lift, and how high. Any inputs on height and tire combo and any experience with Skyjacker lifts? I won't be doing any hard core rock crawling, just mild offroad.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

On my DD, one blowed shock in one year...
And very stiff...

Now I got teraflex adjusted fox 2.0... I only regret that I spend money on the skyjacker...
Old 08-11-2012, 10:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tb8215
Owner of a stock 2012 jk four door. This is my DD, and I am trying to decide what brand suspension lift, and how high. Any inputs on height and tire combo and any experience with Skyjacker lifts? I won't be doing any hard core rock crawling, just mild offroad.
I'd recommend spending a bit more, there is a reason why skyjacker is so cheap. Not a very smooth ride
Old 08-11-2012, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the skyjacker nitros with rc springs she rides pretty good IMO
Old 08-12-2012, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've got a 2.5" and I don't mind it, it's makes my Rubi even more capable off road. On road...if you have smooth roads no problem, if you have lots of bumps and potholes it could get interesting.

But overall no complaints other than Skyjacker says you don't need new swaybar end links...you'd probably want to get a pair anyway (put new ones in the rear & move rear stock ones to the front). I got new ones and haven't had time to install so my swaybar ends still aren't level.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Skyjacker suspension lifts