Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Three Wheeled JK!!

Old 06-30-2007, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three Wheeled JK!!

Moral of the overly-long story --- Inventory your parts before you begin.

Last edited by shon; 10-25-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driving without a shock will not hurt your Jeep. I would think them next daying the shock on the first business day would be pretty good customer service.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Concur. You could have driven your Jeep with three shocks installed. But I'm glad the local dealer took care of you. Seems the quality of service from many companies is not what it use to be.

As far as the Quadratec guy laughing at you, that just sucks! Seems when a man is hiding behind a phone, or an internet connection, he is 10 inches taller, and sportn brass acorns. In real life they are usually perdy pathetic. Hopefully you have better luck from Quadratec in the future.

Gar

P.S. Cool photos shon, very nice wedding shot!

Last edited by -=Gar=-; 06-30-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

A quick talk with the rep's supervisor will shut him up. When he tells you there isn't one available or on duty, tell him you know "they don't trust a knob like you to be working without supervision." Make sure you get their name and extension before that, though, in case they try to hang up on you.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Duke
Driving without a shock will not hurt your Jeep. I would think them next daying the shock on the first business day would be pretty good customer service.
I agree. You have to be reasonable yourself, because it sounds like he is being plenty reasonable with you.

BTW, if those are you photos, you are an outstanding photographer.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:22 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by verbaltharhino
Make sure you get their name and extension before that, though, in case they try to hang up on you.
Make sure you get that information right away on a phone call before they know it's a problem phone call. That way they always have in the back of their head that they can just hang up with no repurcusions.

By the way, there's always at least one dink or two in every organization. What separates them from the company is how the company responds. Then you really know. Case in point, Charter Communications. I had an issue going on for a few months that I was trying to get them to resolve. I had to escalate it through management. I went to the supervisor and he was worse. Tried to go to that person's manager. He refused to send me to the manager. I contacted corporate and filed a formal complaint. I was supposed to receive a call within 24 hours. It never happened. (I finally did get help from a technical support person -- for a customer support issue. It is just amazing what can be done when someone cares about getting something done.) The funniest thing is that for the customer support people I spoke with then had the nerve to try to sell me on Internet and digital phone service. I never laughed so hard (in their face). Whereas, the technical support person mentioned it (probably their job to) and said something to the point of consider it for when you get faith back in the company.

Last edited by tgrt; 07-01-2007 at 05:28 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:38 AM
JK Newbie

Default I have to say...

It sucks to be laughed at in your hour of need. I know. Its happened to me in countless bars, laundry mats and grocery stores after countless rejections from women who are way out of my league. Can I help it if I have good taste?
But enough about me...

Yes, it does suck that the guy laughed about it but you have to look at it from his perspective. It could be kinda funny if you were the guy on the other end of the phone.

And it does beg the question, did you inventory your parts before taking on this project?

I've been stuck many times after assuming I had everything I needed - from assembling furniture to my TeraFlex BB kit.

Parts inventory should be your first order of business when you recieve a shipment but at very least, before you begin your project.

I'm not saying this thing should stink any less but if you had checked, maybe you could have avoided this. ...maybe...

I'm not defending Quadratec or the sales rep. I just think its our responsibility not to let others jeopardize our good times with thier own incompetence.
People are idiots. You gotta stay one step ahead of 'em.

Hope this week goes better for ya!

BTW: Your photos are AMAZING! Canon or Nikon?

Last edited by Jeep JK; 07-01-2007 at 06:46 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

First, thanks for the comments on my photos. I'm figuring on being able to get to more places and see more things with the JK than with my previous rig. I shoot Canon but I don't think it really matters because both systems have excellent gear that will outperform most photographers (myself included).

I believe I'm nearly done being pissed off at Quadratec but it will surely be up to them to earn my trust back. There are just too many vendors out there that realize they have to do what it takes and many of them are Jeepers and understand it is about the experience, not just the money. A little effort from the sales rep could have solved the whole situation. Had he even said "Man that sucks!" I'd have been more than happy with him. Thanks for letting me vent a bit.

And yes, check your part numbers of your gear before you start. I received the kit a few days ago and had plenty of time to check the part numbers. Instead I counted 4 white boxes and figured they were the right shocks.

If you're interested, here's the result.

Regards,
Shon
Old 07-03-2007, 01:19 AM
JK Freak

Looking great! What sized tires do you have? The 285s or the 305s?
Old 07-03-2007, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

Excellent! That looks awsome! Love the rims and tires, too...

Yeah, I've been there with parts inventory. In fact, Teraflex shorted me a few small parts on the BB kit. I totally agree the sales rep was at fault for poor service and hopefully, you won't get stuck like that again. I would probably have made the same assumption since there were four shocks.

Your photos are very good. I'm a dabbler but really only concentrate on landscape (doesn't move much). But very few can pull off great portrait AND landscape / nature photos. Different mindset, I guess. Congrats!

Quick Reply: Three Wheeled JK!!