Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle response

Old 10-11-2013, 02:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kjeeper10
Can somebody explain the crawl tune ? I wouldn't say its jerky but with my manual there's a lot of play in the driveline unless I keep on the break lightly.
I too would like to know the crawl tune. I think everything's nice and tight with my manual and low. As soon as I'm in the trail it's low and go
Old 10-11-2013, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

It is my understand in talking to someone about the throttle delay is that Teraflex makes a chip that you can plug into your wire harness right by the gas peddle that fixes it.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2012 JK Beaver
It is my understand in talking to someone about the throttle delay is that Teraflex makes a chip that you can plug into your wire harness right by the gas peddle that fixes it.
We are talking about eliminating the RPM hang when letting off the throttle, is that what this chip do?
Old 10-11-2013, 04:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is what you need

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...rite-up-review

I have it installed on my Jeep and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 10-11-2013, 04:53 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rubiconjk09
This is what you need http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...rite-up-review I have it installed on my Jeep and I love it. Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
First mod for me !!
Old 10-11-2013, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rubiconjk09
This is what you need

Project-JK.com - Jeep JK Wrangler Resource » Sprint Booster Jeep JK Wrangler Installation Write-Up & Review

I have it installed on my Jeep and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
According to the write up "it will get your engine going as soon as you give it gas and without delay." This is not the issue here. I already took care of that with my bully dog programer. I'm looking to fix RPM hang, not throttle delay.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine didn't do this until the first time it went to the shop. I think they flashed the control module and from then on .... Yuck! It also has a tendency to kick up when using engine braking coming down hills and believe me the first time you are looking over a 70' drop and the engine suddenly speeds up when it reaches 2000 RPM you s#*+ yourself.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:22 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone with a surefire answer?
Went to the Moab Jeep Jam. this fall. When doing the "Moab Bump" coming off the gas did nothing but leave me bouncing all over the place. Felt like an fool. (Still learning which gear to be in for some of the leadges and rock crawling with 4:1 low range).
Did put in the Sprint booster after got home, but it helps with the tip in only (do like it for that).
Sure miss direct linkage.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Offroad
This is not about how to get rid of the lag when hitting the throttle, but the one when you let go off it. I have a JKUR auto and when crawling in 4low it's very hard to control the speed with the throttle. On my previous rigs with cable throttle, as soon as I let go off the throttle, it would almost stop. With the JKUR, when I let go off the throttle, RPMs won't go down for a second or so and then start going down really slow. This makes the Jeep keep moving forward more that I want it to, even if I slam the brakes. There have been a few instances when I have almost rolled over because I had to give it some gas and when the spotter tells me to stop, the jeep keeps driving forward. I'm thinking on keeping one hand on the shifter and quickly shift into neutral next time I'm in such situation, but it would be great if the RPMs would go down as fast as with a cable throttle, that would make rock crawling a lot more fun. So, my question is, does anybody know of a programmer that not only improves throttle response when you hit the throttle, but also when you let go of it?
Superchip flashpaq I use mine for the same reason just throw it in crawl mode and good to go

Quick Reply: Throttle response