Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throwing lots of codes and wanted some input before Replaced every code

Old 08-20-2017, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Throwing lots of codes and wanted some input before Replaced every code

So I am semi new to the jeep community (lovveee it so far) but a little background I have a black 2012 JK with minor mods such as intake and Arb bumper, and Pro comp 4 " stage 2 getting put on this week and sauperchips flshpaq tuner. So I love m super chips device, but if any pf you guys have had issues with super chips causing PCM/ECM issues it would be helpful to narrow down this issue. It happened when I was in Utah offroadding this weekend and I can't figure it out and I hate going to shops. Its throwing P0348, P0158,P263, C121C(which is why biggest pain in the ass cause it take away all torque from what ive read so lets say driving back from Idaho with no torque on the top end on the highways was fun). Its semi intermittent, but once its on its like its in limp mode almost. It ran well today after sitting all night in frigids Montana and about halfway back uo the mountain to my house it did it again which makes for a fun drive uo with no torque, I hope this fix is as easy as cam sensor magnets that have just gone bad and that'd where the intermittent is coming in u till it warms uo, but nay thoughts on maybe wiring issues also? Sorry to take uo too much of your time, but any help is GREATLYqpprecitaed
Old 08-21-2017, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

How clean are your battery terminals and how old is the battery? With it happening after it's been cold may suggest a low battery that is struggling with the cold thus throwing codes.

Quick Reply: Throwing lots of codes and wanted some input before Replaced every code