Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Time to buy!

Old 08-02-2008, 05:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to buy!

Ok, not looking for cool points on the "looks" (as I've seen people lose their minds when others ask opinions on what they should do to their jeeps), but I am new to all of this and am fixing to drop the bucks on my first few mods. Here is what I am looking at. I mainly wanted to know if this, mechanically, will work good for me.

Also, if there is a better option, please let me know!

setup:

2.5" Teraflex BB or coil lift
16x8 procomp 97 series
procomp mt's 285x75x16

Any suggestions???
Old 08-02-2008, 05:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Get the coil lift, do it right the first time! Also you may need some adjustable track bars to keep things aligned.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:51 AM
JK Freak

Let me ask a dumb question as I am new to this. How do the adjustment trackbars work...and do I need thim right now?
Old 08-02-2008, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by In5ane
Let me ask a dumb question as I am new to this. How do the adjustment trackbars work...and do I need thim right now?
They lengthen as needed to help get the axles centered.

I haven't lifted my jeep yet and I've had it since like May. The reason is because I know I'm not going to be satisfied until its on 37's. So I've been hoarding my monies so that I can do everything at once (tires, wheels, lift, gears, shafts, diff covers, and labor). I know I'll spend a lot of money at once this way, but I'll spend less money over the long run. Just something to really think about, cause jeep upgraders tend to be a bit obsessive.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:06 AM
-

at the height you are looking for, I would highly suggest the Old Man emu lift.

Good stuff!

Quick Reply: Time to buy!