Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire balancing media

Old 10-29-2010, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire balancing media

What is the best media to use inside the tires to balance them? I have seen people use bb's, airsoft pellets, and a powder.

Chris
Old 10-29-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'd go for Dynabeads (and intend to when I replace my tires). Since it's a product designed for it instead of just something that might work... (bbs, airsoft pellets, etc.)
Old 10-29-2010, 09:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put Dynabeads in mine, after they were balanced, just to help keep them that way
some people have issues with using the beads, but it seems like most that I talked to were running 2-3 lbs per tire...I used the recomended 8oz for a 35" tire
made a big enough difference in mine that my wife commented on it.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

i'm gonna do it with my 35" mud terrains. They will move to the more worn out spots and keep the tires balanced properly. Plus with MT's they wear so spuratically if not rotated every 3000 miles that the beads should help. I had it done in my Ram with 18's and 37's and they were smooth as silk.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the "balancing compound" in mine(37s). 6oz loads I think. Works great. It's the only means I have, no static weights at all. I am not sure if they are "dyna beads" or not. That's prolly just a brand name. My tire place put it in there. Will definately use it again on the next set too!

Quick Reply: Tire balancing media