Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire Carrier added to Mopar Bumper

Old 11-24-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Carrier added to Mopar Bumper

Has anyone installed the mopar tire carrier on the rear mopar bumper? I guess my real question is whether this is a difficult profect that I should have the dealership do or should this stage be relatively simple? If you think it is managable do you have any advice?

Thanks, I checked out the directions and feel like this might be quite a project
Old 11-29-2008, 08:26 AM
JK Super Freak

I've helped with others and I can't imagine Mopar rear bumper being any harder. They haven't been that hard to do. Just pay attention to the proper sequence of washers bolts and spacers.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Do you have the Mopar bumper that accepts the tire carrier already? Or are you trying to add the tire carrier to a non tire carrier bumper
Old 11-29-2008, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the predrilled bumper I am just worried since the mopar directions are numerous pages without words.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmerk524
I have the predrilled bumper I am just worried since the mopar directions are numerous pages without words.
I did this in my bumper, the bumper was installed by the dealer and I installed the tire carrier, it's not hard at all, I'm pretty sure you can do it, it's all very logical. probably the hardest thing to do would be sliding the tire carrier into the support, its a tight fit. also you have to drill a hole according to the tire and rims you have, but as I said before its not hard.

Quick Reply: Tire Carrier added to Mopar Bumper