Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tire - ProComp xtreme MT or DC MC

Old 01-07-2009, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire - ProComp xtreme MT or DC MC

I am looking at the Pro Comp Xtreme Mud Terrain and Dick Cepek Mud Country for new tires. I am trying not to break the bank. These two look to be real solid choices at just over $200/tire in 16/17. Which would you choose and why? Please include the offroad environment you've tested in. I am an east coast guy so I really need a tire to perform decent across the board (mud, rocks, trail, etc.). Other suggestions are welcome but Toyo OC MT, Nitto Mud Grapplers, and BFG KM2 are too rich for my blood. Also, if that ProComp 4/3 deal is still going on can someone direct me to where I can find it? Thank you.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

The ProComp "deal" of buy 3 get one free is not always a "deal". If you compare monthly catalogues, you will see they up the price per tire for the "deal". The "normal" deal of 10%
off may be just as good. I, too, am looking into tires. Also, deals are to be made,
Compare and question. 4WheelParts will match other's deals.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Great all around tire

I purchased the pro-comp mtr xtreme from a local tire company that honored the 4 for 3 price at about 240/tire. I have 8000 miles on mine and am very pleased with them. I have had them on approx 10 trail runs with some decent rock crawling. They are very sticky on the rocks and are holding up really well with very little wear. They look great and ride pretty quiet and smooth for an aggressive tire. IMHO they are every bit as good off road as the goodyear mtr's I had on my TJ and are quieter on the pavement. I don't think you can go wrong with this tire.

Quick Reply: Tire - ProComp xtreme MT or DC MC