Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Tires tires tires

Old 01-11-2012, 09:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires tires tires

Heyya all anyone know of a good cheap place to buy tires in Canada ...Central Canada preferably !! Looking for a set(5) 33/12.5 or 11/18" for my 2 jk Toyos, Kumhos, Km2s, or xtreme m/t.... would it make more sense to go to 17"s or does it really matter? Tires are my biggest expense so far, so I want to be sure I don't get totally raped on the price or shipping!!

I haven't decided on a lift yet either 2 1/2 or 4" but Im kinda scared of performance as its my daily driver and only vehicle so I might just get same size as stock just more aggressive.... i dunno

How do you all pay 30gs for a vehicle and modify the hell out of it??? My main thing is... this is my daily driver!!

any help you could give would be great!!
thx
Old 01-12-2012, 02:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mikeme32
Heyya all anyone know of a good cheap place to buy tires in Canada ...Central Canada preferably !! Looking for a set(5) 33/12.5 or 11/18" for my 2 jk Toyos, Kumhos, Km2s, or xtreme m/t.... would it make more sense to go to 17"s or does it really matter? Tires are my biggest expense so far, so I want to be sure I don't get totally raped on the price or shipping!!
There are a few online tire sites that you could use that actually save you money even after shipping. Tirerack being one of them. I'm not sure if the forum has a tire sponsor or not, but you can look through the list and see.

I haven't decided on a lift yet either 2 1/2 or 4" but Im kinda scared of performance as its my daily driver and only vehicle so I might just get same size as stock just more aggressive.... i dunno
There are a TON of DD's on the forum that have a lift everywhere from 2.5"-4". Do some reading, get some opinions and then form your own and buy one! You won't regret it and for me 2.5" was the way to go because I have a young son and still wanted the wife to be able to get into it comfortably.

How do you all pay 30gs for a vehicle and modify the hell out of it??? My main thing is... this is my daily driver!!
That's the easy part, most of us had our mods picked out before the color of JK we were going to get!

any help you could give would be great!!
thx
Hope it helps!
Old 01-12-2012, 05:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

If it is going yo be your daily driver I would probably stick with the 2" to 2 1/2" lift and 33's. As far as the wheels go the main difference you will see between 17" and 18" is price and available sizes, with the 17's being cheaper and with more size options. If you have the factory 18" wheels, you can just get dome wheel spacers and run a larger 18" tire
Old 01-12-2012, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by PhantomRescue
There are a few online tire sites that you could use that actually save you money even after shipping. Tirerack being one of them. I'm not sure if the forum has a tire sponsor or not, but you can look through the list and see.

There are a TON of DD's on the forum that have a lift everywhere from 2.5"-4". Do some reading, get some opinions and then form your own and buy one! You won't regret it and for me 2.5" was the way to go because I have a young son and still wanted the wife to be able to get into it comfortably.

That's the easy part, most of us had our mods picked out before the color of JK we were going to get!

Hope it helps!
Thank You for your info I will more than likely go with a 2.5" with 33s as I don't really do any "extreme" 4x4ing just mild stuff with friends... yup thats right my rig is mostly a "mall crawler" but who cares right!!.. Now I just have to pick the right set of tires

Anyone here ever travel great distances on a lift with big tires.. reason I ask is, every summer I get in the vehicle and Drive to US for vacation usually put on 6200miles or 10000km... Dont really care about gas mileage ... just overall performance!