Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TPM Extraction on 08's

Old 07-30-2007, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPM Extraction on 08's

Does anyone have the expertise to explain how one would extract the Tire pressure sensors on the 08's.

Is it as simple as deflating the tires, breaking the bead seal and un mounting the sensor. Does anyone have any insight on this. Thanks in advance.

Ok, I answered part of my own question. I read on another post that the TMP is intagrated into the valve stem. Is this something that I can transfer myself? Can it be transfered at all? If I can't do it should a tire shop move them or should I make the stealer ship do it?

Last edited by justin1328; 07-30-2007 at 10:35 AM. Reason: More Info
Old 07-30-2007, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

yes i have replaced two tpms sensors in the past and all that is required is to remove the tire from the bead and then unbolt the tpms and install a regular valve stem but if you remove it you will have a light on the dash for the tire pressure on
check with the dealer to see if it will void your warrenty

the tpms is not a regular valve stem here is a link http://www.wjjeeps.com/tpms4.jpg it is a tpms from a grand cherokee

Last edited by 08 rubi; 07-30-2007 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

08 Rubi,

I will be relocating these to new wheels tires. Do you need any special tools to break the tire bead? Or is it as simple as deflating the tire?

Second question: I see that AEV advertises their wheels as " Tire Pressure Sensor Compatible" . Is there truth to this? What makes a wheel compatible?

Thanks,

Justin
Old 07-30-2007, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

if you want to keep the tpms i would go to the dealer you might have to have the sensors reprogramed for the diffrent tires. to remove a tire the proper way you need a tire machine also these sensors get damaged easile so have the dealer remove the tires and sensors. also aways keep the valve caps on the tpms sensors they can and will corrode and they cost $100 and up
Old 10-06-2007, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 08 rubi
if you want to keep the tpms i would go to the dealer you might have to have the sensors reprogramed for the diffrent tires. to remove a tire the proper way you need a tire machine also these sensors get damaged easile so have the dealer remove the tires and sensors. also aways keep the valve caps on the tpms sensors they can and will corrode and they cost $100 and up
How much does the dealer charge for swopping sensors and remounting and balanceing your rims and tires? For that matter do you really have to get your sensors recalibrated and can discount tire do this?
Old 10-06-2007, 02:13 PM
JK Newbie

Went to discount they said they had every thing to do the job and there only chargeing me to remount and balance the stock wheels. Discounts awsome

Quick Reply: TPM Extraction on 08's