Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TPMS with new tires??

Old 01-05-2013, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS with new tires??

Just bought some new tires and it gave me new valve stems with the tires, and by gave me I mean charged me 15$ for all 5. If im not mistaken the TPMS is located in the valve so there for if I use the new ones I would need new censors? Am I correct, if not please correct me. Thanks!...again
Old 01-05-2013, 01:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So they charged you 15 for the regular valve stems? What size tire did you buy?
Old 01-05-2013, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lol yeah I guess that's why I'm confused and I ordered 315x70x17, 35" tire.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

The tpms(valves) are mounted in your existing wheels so they would remain inplace for your new tires. You wouldnt need new valves. If you change your wheels you can swap the tpms to your new wheels too. If you dont use the tpms valves, your tire warning light on your dash will stay on all the time.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by midtown711
The tpms(valves) are mounted in your existing wheels so they would remain inplace for your new tires. You wouldnt need new valves. If you change your wheels you can swap the tpms to your new wheels too. If you dont use the tpms valves, your tire warning light on your dash will stay on all the time.
Awesome man thanks a lot!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

I have Pintlers waiting for the lift to be installed and am planning on going without the tpms idiot low pressure warning. Instead I will use the Procal to 0 out the tpms warning indicator.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Scrapin' Metal
I have Pintlers waiting for the lift to be installed and am planning on going without the tpms idiot low pressure warning. Instead I will use the Procal to 0 out the tpms warning indicator.
ive been trying to find some one who has done that it says on there site you can change the pressure that the light comes on at but i cant find anything about disabling it completely
Old 01-10-2013, 11:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tyler92
ive been trying to find some one who has done that it says on there site you can change the pressure that the light comes on at but i cant find anything about disabling it completely
I don't have the instructions handy, but I did this on mine with the pro cal. The instructions tell you exactly how to do it, and it has disabled the light for me running without sensors.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SCHLEPPN02
I don't have the instructions handy, but I did this on mine with the pro cal. The instructions tell you exactly how to do it, and it has disabled the light for me running without sensors.
sweet thanks
Old 01-11-2013, 03:25 AM
JK Newbie

I have the ProCal and it works great. I believe the above statement was true about setting the pressure to read zero. The book that comes with the ProCal explains it all. I have not had a light on in my dash. IMO tire pressure monitors suck!! Just my $0.02!

Quick Reply: TPMS with new tires??