Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trackbar Bracket and Drop Pitman Arm

Old 01-07-2009, 09:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trackbar Bracket and Drop Pitman Arm

I have a 4" lift and I have read its a good idea to get a drop pitman arm and trackbar bracket to bring the trackbar and drag link more level to the axle. I was looking at the skyjacker drop pitman and using it with the teraflex trackbar bracket, however they say it needs to be used in conjuntion with the draglink flip. Would it be alright to use these two products together, or should I go ahead and get the TF draglink flip instead of the drop pitman arm?
Old 01-07-2009, 09:53 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

you can use either and you will be fine. both a dropped pitman arm and a draglink flip kit will do the same thing which is to put the drag link parallel to the track bar. obviously, a replacement dropped pitman arm does this by lowering the drag link and a flip kit does this by retaining the factory pitman arm and placing the draglink on top of the steering knuckle. just so you know, in order to install a flip kit, you will need to ream out the factory steering knuckle tappered mounting hole.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks WOL, looks like dropped pitman arm for me. I want to as little modification to factory parts as possible.

Quick Reply: Trackbar Bracket and Drop Pitman Arm