Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trackbar help

Old 08-15-2009, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trackbar help

I put front and rear JKS adjustable trackbars on my jeep. I noticed when I put the front one on, the diameter of the mounting bolt on the axel side seem much smaller than the the diameter of the hole on the axel bracket and trackbar maybe 1/8 of inch or a little more. the jeep was brand new and I am the only one who has ever worked on it, it this normal?. My concern is the axel shifting a little over time and screwing up the bracket hole on the axel.
If this is not normal can anyone tell me the the diameter and length of the bolt so I can pick up a larger bolt on my whay home from work today. I'm at work now and don't have my Jeep with me or I would do it myself.

thanks

AL
Old 08-15-2009, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GrimsbyAl
I put front and rear JKS adjustable trackbars on my jeep. I noticed when I put the front one on, the diameter of the mounting bolt on the axel side seem much smaller than the the diameter of the hole on the axel bracket and trackbar maybe 1/8 of inch or a little more. the jeep was brand new and I am the only one who has ever worked on it, it this normal?. My concern is the axel shifting a little over time and screwing up the bracket hole on the axel.
If this is not normal can anyone tell me the the diameter and length of the bolt so I can pick up a larger bolt on my whay home from work today. I'm at work now and don't have my Jeep with me or I would do it myself.

thanks

AL
Your fine, if I am reading your post correctly. 9/16 grade 8 will be just a hair wider and give you a better fit.
Old 08-15-2009, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

so a 9/16 will be a little larger (diameter) what length? I don't have access to mine to mesure it right now and I would like to pick it on my way home from work.

AL
Old 08-15-2009, 06:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what happened to me. Wallowed out both mounting holes front and back. I had to weld grade 8 washers and switches to 9/16 shouldered bolts. Much better now. Why jeep didn't use shouldered bolts is beyond me.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

can anyone tell me the length of all the trackbar bolts I want to relpace all of them, and want to pick them up on my way home from work.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:27 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

9/16"x 3 1/2"
Old 08-15-2009, 08:31 AM
JK Jedi Master

Oh btw, get locknuts for them. Or you could do like Hellbound and do locknuts,locktight,weld and rachet strap them.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:37 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Oh btw, get locknuts for them. Or you could do like Hellbound and do locknuts,locktight,weld and rachet strap them.
You forgot krazy glue.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:42 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
You forgot krazy glue.
Dammit, thought I had the complete list.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

You forgot the top 2, Duct tape and Vise Grips

Quick Reply: Trackbar help