Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Traction Control issues

Old 07-17-2015, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oops.... matthias2280 & the Black Jeep gave you the answer already
Old 07-17-2015, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the steering wheel is centered so that isn't the issue. But i will look into the esp kill switch. I've owned two other cars without abs, not too worried about it.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by matthias2280
Hey bill! Can't wait to go wheeling this weekend. Gonna be another fun trip I think. So in to your situation. As others have suggested, is your steering wheel centered? I have esp issues when I mess with my trac bar or drag link lengths. The steering wheel needs to be centered or the jeep will think you are in a really long, permanent skid. If it isn't, we can center it when we get together in Sunday if you want.
Yep, looking forward to Sunday! Matt, I do not have any issues other than last two time we came trail my abs sensor was dirty and put the brakes on! Just hit the abs kill switch till I got home and cleaned them!
Old 07-17-2015, 02:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RADAR
Well the steering wheel is centered so that isn't the issue. But i will look into the esp kill switch. I've owned two other cars without abs, not too worried about it.
Guess I am just old! Have had two CJ5's, one YJ, Comanche, Cherokee and various other 4x4 and cars with out ABS. You can live without it!
Old 07-17-2015, 02:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RADAR
Greetings to all like minded adventure people. I have a problem that is hopefully not a new one and easily remedied. When I drive my jeep, on 35s, around some corners in town, at what I presume to be perfectly reasonable speeds, the traction control has a tendency to question my judgment and apply the brakes to one of the outside wheels during the turn. I recently re-calibrated the computer with the help of a fancy Superchip Flashpaq. I thought that would fix the issue for obvious reasons but it seems my traction control and I are destined to never get along. Any ideas? Can i unplug some wires and never have it bother me again? Will that leave the lights on the dashboard on forever? Some one please tell me there is a hope.
I think it fuse 6 you can pull to turn off end. It will leave light on as will kill switch! Just live with it or pul bulbs.

Quick Reply: Traction Control issues