Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Transmission cooler lines

Old 01-08-2014, 03:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transmission cooler lines

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-233178063.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	522255
When I completed my B&M cooler install I noticed this lovely pink stuff leaking from the crimp on the transmission cooler line. Of course mine is an 07 and therefore not covered under the recall. I bought the part from the dealer$110 for the complete hose that come from the transmission to the cooler. I have not had a chance to tackle this job but was wondering if any of you skilled jeep guys had any advise to make it easier for me. Special tools required? I do not want to pay the dealer $300 to install it. They want to charge me $98 diagnostic fee even though they can visible see where it's leaking from!!!!!!!! Any help is appreciated.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

Nobody? I have searched on here but only found threads about leaking line and what people did to fix it. I'm looking for steps and tools needed to remove entire line and replace with OEM
Old 01-09-2014, 11:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's the same connection (clamp on the hard tubing) that got worn out causing fluid to spray my engine compartment causing a fire. The change out included removing a clip that holds the hard line together (2pcs). If you slip a scribe or pointed object into it you can pry it out but be careful not to loose it.

Desert Jeep shows you what it looks like removed.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Thanks man! Just got around to doing it!

Quick Reply: Transmission cooler lines