Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Transmission fluid

Old 08-31-2016, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transmission fluid

Let me start of by saying I have read many threads on different forum but I wanted additional input.
My 07 JK Sahara just hit 90k. Aside from installing a transmission cooler and replacing about 2 quarts of ATF my transmission has not had a full fluid flush and replacement. I am reading conflicting arguments about whether or not to replace it at this point. Most say changing at this point might actually cause more problems in the long run with seals and other internal parts. Others say do it or else your tranny will explode at any given moment. What are your thought?
Old 08-31-2016, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fultonromero12
Let me start of by saying I have read many threads on different forum but I wanted additional input.
My 07 JK Sahara just hit 90k. Aside from installing a transmission cooler and replacing about 2 quarts of ATF my transmission has not had a full fluid flush and replacement. I am reading conflicting arguments about whether or not to replace it at this point. Most say changing at this point might actually cause more problems in the long run with seals and other internal parts. Others say do it or else your tranny will explode at any given moment. What are your thought?
Hey so your question is whether you should change the oil or not? Just wanna make sure I understand.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

changer it. the detergents and such do have a life span and oils do begin to degrade over time
Old 08-31-2016, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would at least drain the pan, change the filter and re-fill.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do not do a reverse flush, take it to someone that will drop the pan and let all the oil out and replace the filter.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leaning towards changing it. I just got a coupon from local dealership for a tranny fluid change for $159, do most dealerships change the filter or just suck it out and refill?

Quick Reply: Transmission fluid