Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transmission lines leaking vs transmission cooler confused as h----

Old 10-16-2014, 08:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission lines leaking vs transmission cooler confused as h----

the saga continues. Tranny lines leaked trans failed got new trans new trans lines? are leaking worse than before but what i don't get is if I install a transmission cooler it looks like I just cut he lines attach the new lines and new cooler but same old crimp points are still there? Is this correct and what will prevent those lines from continuing to leak.
my goal is to get a trnasmission cooler in and to not have any more leaking lines. Help!!!!
what to do?
Old 10-16-2014, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rj'sjeep
the saga continues. Tranny lines leaked trans failed got new trans new trans lines? are leaking worse than before but what i don't get is if I install a transmission cooler it looks like I just cut he lines attach the new lines and new cooler but same old crimp points are still there? Is this correct and what will prevent those lines from continuing to leak.
my goal is to get a trnasmission cooler in and to not have any more leaking lines. Help!!!!
what to do?

Did you get the new lines from the dealer under warranty? If so, bring it back and have them re-do it. My 2010 began leaking and I had them replaced under that soft recall that came out. No issues since.

I wouldn't even consider installing an extra cooler until you get your main lines to stop leaking. Once you cut into them yourself, any warranty you may have had on those lines is gone.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans lines

Yeah I mentioned it to the dealer but he said no they weren't covered because the new ones were more than a year old. so now looking at replacement line but I figure what the heck I gotta replace the lines then I might as well get a cooler too.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Install a Cooler and splice in a new line ..I did both braided line and rubber hose ....Jeep wanted me to split the cost w the Dealer ...
...and the Dealer is installing same OEM line that's gonna leak again .....
My lines are over 2 years old NO Leaks !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-217074538.jpg
Views:	858
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	582525
The following users liked this post:
SGT_O (04-25-2023)
Old 11-01-2014, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a nice setup you have there⬆️⬆️⬆️. Wish I would've done that. I just did the normal splice using the barbs included in the kit. No leaks but if it does I'm doing it your way.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: transmission lines leaking vs transmission cooler confused as h----