Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

tre spins when tightening ...

Old 12-09-2013, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tre spins when tightening ...

Hey guys, any suggestions on how to re-tighten the tie rod end, it just spins ? I wound up loosening it in order to place the synergy drag link in stock position, which is still not installed. I used the hex to hold it, but the allen socket snappped. Im thinking ill have to get it towed in because im out of time and not sure what to do. Wife is now severely pissed Suggestions?
Would it be okay to get towed is the tre was hanging and drag link not tight?
Think ive been defeated
Old 12-09-2013, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

If I remember correct it nuts from the top. If that's so. You can put a jack and a chunk of wood under the joint end and jack it up to put pressure on the bevel. Friction should hold it tight enough to tighten it down.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by timjw_82
If I remember correct it nuts from the top. If that's so. You can put a jack and a chunk of wood under the joint end and jack it up to put pressure on the bevel. Friction should hold it tight enough to tighten it down.

This x2. Really a pain in the ass. Thats why i went to rod ends. I have a tre break on a trail and it was a pain. Not anymore.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:02 PM
JK Newbie

Thank you so much for that. I placed the jack under there and it tightenedright up.
Do you happen to know how the drag link is supposed to sit, it just looks weird

Quick Reply: tre spins when tightening ...