Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRE Suggestions

Old 03-25-2014, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRE Suggestions

Draglinks acting up and thinking of replacing all the other TREs while I'm taking everything apart. Any suggestions? I'd prefer greaseable and I've also heard good things about the MOOG TREs. Don't do much offroading so I'll be keep the stock tie rod.
Old 03-25-2014, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKtak
Draglinks acting up and thinking of replacing all the other TREs while I'm taking everything apart. Any suggestions? I'd prefer greaseable and I've also heard good things about the MOOG TREs. Don't do much offroading so I'll be keep the stock tie rod.
You might want to look into replacing those tie rod ends a little more. I think only one end comes out, other is factory crimped. Someone else had a thread about trying the same thing , wanted to replace with Moog to.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rebar-7
You might want to look into replacing those tie rod ends a little more. I think only one end comes out, other is factory crimped. Someone else had a thread about trying the same thing , wanted to replace with Moog to.
Interesting, I'll do a bit of digging around the forum to see if I can find that thread. Thanks for the insight.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rebar-7
Yeah remember reading the same thing. Whether you want or not, this might be just the time to upgrade both your tie rod and the ends.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedRockJeeper
Yeah remember reading the same thing. Whether you want or not, this might be just the time to upgrade both your tie rod and the ends.
Found it!

I'll be doing as HiTekRedneck suggested and go with this setup as I don't wheel and don't need anything crazy.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/atta...p;d=1393428534

Quick Reply: TRE Suggestions