Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trektop NX v. Original trektop

Old 10-21-2012, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trektop NX v. Original trektop

Hi All,

I'm thinking about getting the original trektop for my 2009 JK 4dr. I have the Gobi Stealth rack so I would prefer to be able to just roll back the top or remove it rather than have the NX flip back and have to tilt back the rack like I do with the OEM soft top.

From what I've seen I'd be giving up the ability to remove the side windows. Does anyway have any experience with either of these tops and flapping against roof racks ? Any other concerns about the earlier version? Other considerations?

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2012, 10:33 AM
JK Freak

I can say I have the new version and here are my concerns:

- it does flap a lot so it probably will hit the rack
- it attaches with channels not latches and that's a pain. I stripped my first pair until I got the"tricks and tips down"
- all 4 doors off the side panels flap around and out of place . Would be nice to take out those side windows
- it collects rain if you don't have top props. I made some for mine but it's a pain to be honest.

I have the old nx and I want to sell mine for the new one

I heard the new one is much more quiet too.

If you click on my profile and search my posts I started a topic on this a while back and most people told me to go with the new one
Old 10-21-2012, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by FrankieB
Hi All,

I'm thinking about getting the original trektop for my 2009 JK 4dr. I have the Gobi Stealth rack so I would prefer to be able to just roll back the top or remove it rather than have the NX flip back and have to tilt back the rack like I do with the OEM soft top.

From what I've seen I'd be giving up the ability to remove the side windows. Does anyway have any experience with either of these tops and flapping against roof racks ? Any other concerns about the earlier version? Other considerations?

Thanks!
with the nx you can remove the side windows but you will have to remove the rear window as well

Quick Reply: Trektop NX v. Original trektop