Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Triple rates?

Old 05-18-2014, 08:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Triple rates?

Are these coils the triple rate coils? I specifically ask for the triple rate coils with my lift, not the progressives that Northridge had in stock. It took 3.5 months to get them directly from Rock Krawler. I just wanna be sure its them. I can't tell by looking.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10245295_10154065708085384_916166850741557912_n.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	554007  

Last edited by tnt008; 05-18-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Triple rate is progressive. It used to have liner coils in the back I think thats what you mean, and yes it looks like you have the triple rates front and rear.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think. Rock Krawler first had linear coils. then, progressive coils in some lifts. Around December last year, their new type of coil is called triple rate. It is not the same as progressive. Thats my understanding. Because I ordered my 3.5 flex system in early Janurary. I told Northridge ( Canada ) I don't want the progressive coils you have in stock with all the RK suspensions, I want the new triple rate coils. Stan at Northridge then said the same as you. Its the same coil. So, i emailed Rock Krawler for some clarity. This was their response... ( FYI, I had a question about bushings too )

Yes all the 1.5", 2.5" and 3.5" kits as of last week are shipping with the new triple rate coils front and rear. As far as bushings go they are absolutely fine you should have no issues with them. Daystar who makes our bushings for us removed a certain catalyst from their line and it resulted in a bad batch of bushings which we were not aware of until they had been shipped out. Needless to say the problem was resolved quickly and anyone from that time frame that has an issue with a bushing can call and receive a replacement as long as the order date is verified.

So back to my orgional question. Can anyone verify that those coils are actually triple rate?
Old 05-18-2014, 11:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tnt008
I don't think. Rock Krawler first had linear coils. then, progressive coils in some lifts. Around December last year, their new type of coil is called triple rate. It is not the same as progressive. Thats my understanding. Because I ordered my 3.5 flex system in early Janurary. I told Northridge ( Canada ) I don't want the progressive coils you have in stock with all the RK suspensions, I want the new triple rate coils. Stan at Northridge then said the same as you. Its the same coil. So, i emailed Rock Krawler for some clarity. This was their response... ( FYI, I had a question about bushings too )

Yes all the 1.5", 2.5" and 3.5" kits as of last week are shipping with the new triple rate coils front and rear. As far as bushings go they are absolutely fine you should have no issues with them. Daystar who makes our bushings for us removed a certain catalyst from their line and it resulted in a bad batch of bushings which we were not aware of until they had been shipped out. Needless to say the problem was resolved quickly and anyone from that time frame that has an issue with a bushing can call and receive a replacement as long as the order date is verified.

So back to my orgional question. Can anyone verify that those coils are actually triple rate?

Yes those are the triple rates.... I have the 2.5 with the same springs, RK has not made a progressive rear spring besides the triple rates, the front might have been different but since your received all progressive rate springs they are the new ones. Progressive rate just means that the spring load range changes through the spring hence triple rate.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:40 AM
JK Junkie

Old rears were linear so yes those are the new TR which is a type of progressive coil
Old 05-23-2014, 02:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tnt008
Are these coils the triple rate coils? I specifically ask for the triple rate coils with my lift, not the progressives that Northridge had in stock. It took 3.5 months to get them directly from Rock Krawler. I just wanna be sure its them. I can't tell by looking.
Did you look at rock krawler's site?
Old 05-23-2014, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Triple rate diagram
They look correct
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3488182522.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	555161  

Quick Reply: Triple rates?