Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Trucklites??

Old 01-07-2013, 07:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hillybilly
Some have posted problems with LED headlights flickering. Any issues from any of you? Would really like the upgrade but don't want any issues for that amount of money.
The new generation does flicker.... But it's only noticeable when parked up against a wall or being a car at a red light.... But even then it's barely noticeable.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The flicker is not caused by the lights themselves, although most of the people on here blame TruckLite for it. It is caused by the PWM of the Jeep. All the LED headlights can flicker because of this. I have read some people say they don't have the flicker, but I think it is because it is so minuscule they just don't see it. You don't see it while driving, but it is noticeable when stopped behind a vehicle or wall. The JW Speakers are more expensive then the TruckLites and they flicker as well. You can get a harness for them to stop the flickering, but to me the cost of the harness is ridiculous for how minuscule the flicker is noticeable. I love mine!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got mine for 430 with harnesses shipped at offroad elements
Great customer service from those guys

hXXp://www.offroadelements.com/truck-lite-7-round-led-head-lamp-special-pair/
Old 01-08-2013, 03:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hillybilly
Some have posted problems with LED headlights flickering. Any issues from any of you? Would really like the upgrade but don't want any issues for that amount of money.
Because I knew to look for it I noticed it. And I have to be about 2 feet away from the car in front of me, a garage wall, or whatever to see it. Non-issue in my opinion. Trucklites are worth every penny

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1418621727.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	407251

Last edited by tymonster; 01-08-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Awesome. Thanks all for the feedback!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PrayingMantits
Got mine for 430 with harnesses shipped at offroad elements
Great customer service from those guys

hXXp://www.offroadelements.com/truck-lite-7-round-led-head-lamp-special-pair/
I just pre-ordered a set of these lights from offroadelements to take advantage of the special and H4 to H13 harness. Does the harness not come standard with these lights for the JK? Does the harness take care of the flickering?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jumpmaster
I just pre-ordered a set of these lights from offroadelements to take advantage of the special and H4 to H13 harness. Does the harness not come standard with these lights for the JK? Does the harness take care of the flickering?
The harness it just an adapter to fit from you stock socket to the back of the trucklite. I haven't seen any flicker in mine
Old 01-09-2013, 07:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Picked mine up from NR4x4 also on their combo deal. Worth it! Much better light.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4x4Laoch
The flicker is not caused by the lights themselves, although most of the people on here blame TruckLite for it. It is caused by the PWM of the Jeep. All the LED headlights can flicker because of this. I have read some people say they don't have the flicker, but I think it is because it is so minuscule they just don't see it. You don't see it while driving, but it is noticeable when stopped behind a vehicle or wall. The JW Speakers are more expensive then the TruckLites and they flicker as well. You can get a harness for them to stop the flickering, but to me the cost of the harness is ridiculous for how minuscule the flicker is noticeable. I love mine!
Yeah there's couple threads that address the flicker problem. You all should check them out. People are finding that a simple resistor (I'm pretty sure they said resistor but not 100%) is the perfect fix. That you can drive down to any electronic store such as Radio Shack and pick one up for like $5 and attach it to the wiring of the TruckLites and that solves the flickering. Definitely worth looking into
Old 03-15-2013, 04:26 PM
JK Newbie

Just ordered from quadratec. They price matched discount fleet supply, lights, pigtails, and shipping, $419.85. Still a lot of money but in the long run should be worth it.

Quick Reply: Trucklites??