Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TrueTrac Eaton's Front and Rear

Old 12-24-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TrueTrac Eaton's Front and Rear

Putting in TrueTrac's front and rear this weekend, I already have new bearings and the TrueTrac's can I go ahead and press the bearings on like most of the diff's Ive done or does the JK's have shims between the bearing and the carrier, or do they shim behind the races like most of the ones Im used to doing??
Old 12-24-2009, 06:56 AM
JK Newbie

thanks, I will go ahead and press em on then
Old 12-24-2009, 09:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Post up about how you like the TrueTrac's when you are all finished...I've been pretty much set on ARBs for a while, but am curious about some other locker set ups. The TrueTrac's seem pretty nice, and I am just wondering if they would be as hard on the R&P as ARBs...I plan on regearing to either 4.88s or 5.13s, and with those small teeth I am kind of torn on what lockers to go with. I don't want Detroits, I know that much. Buddy of mine had them on his TJ...great for a trail rig, but my JK is my dialy driver. SO yeah, post up about the TRueTracs when you can. Thanks and have a Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by joneszj
Post up about how you like the TrueTrac's when you are all finished...I've been pretty much set on ARBs for a while, but am curious about some other locker set ups. The TrueTrac's seem pretty nice, and I am just wondering if they would be as hard on the R&P as ARBs...I plan on regearing to either 4.88s or 5.13s, and with those small teeth I am kind of torn on what lockers to go with. I don't want Detroits, I know that much. Buddy of mine had them on his TJ...great for a trail rig, but my JK is my dialy driver. SO yeah, post up about the TRueTracs when you can. Thanks and have a Merry Christmas.
X2 on this! For where I will drive these look ideal. Can't wait for some test drive reports.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

so far they are awesome, this is my wifes daily driver and they are exactly what I wanted, normal driving seems exaclty the same as stock to both of us, we had some heavy snow and Ice left over from last week, they work flawlessly, I backed into a little bit of packed Icy snow and watched, it spun for a second and then locked in and came right out of it, I did test the one wheel in the air, and found if your good with a standard, or have an automatic, you can drag the brake and get them to lock in, dont plan on being in that situation too often though......overall bang for the buck is a def 10 in my book.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Steveakus
so far they are awesome, this is my wifes daily driver and they are exactly what I wanted, normal driving seems exaclty the same as stock to both of us, we had some heavy snow and Ice left over from last week, they work flawlessly, I backed into a little bit of packed Icy snow and watched, it spun for a second and then locked in and came right out of it, I did test the one wheel in the air, and found if your good with a standard, or have an automatic, you can drag the brake and get them to lock in, dont plan on being in that situation too often though......overall bang for the buck is a def 10 in my book.

Can I ask where you got the diffs? I called 4wd.com about a month ago and they told me that the truetrac was not made for the jk d30 front diff yet
Old 12-27-2009, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nangulator
Can I ask where you got the diffs? I called 4wd.com about a month ago and they told me that the truetrac was not made for the jk d30 front diff yet
well I got em locally at the speed shop, and due to ring gear size I have 4:10 gears but on the Dana 44 had to buy the 3:73 and dwon carrier......

but here is where I saw them and called the guy to make sure they work:

Dana 30
completeoffroad.com/i-123568-true-trac-dana-30-front-3-73-up-tt-912a585.html[/url]

Dana 44
completeoffroad.com/i-123451-true-trac-posi-rear-3-73-down-30-spline-tt-913a589.html[/url]

Last edited by mkjeep; 12-27-2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: no clicky for non sponsor
Old 12-28-2009, 03:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Steveakus
well I got em locally at the speed shop, and due to ring gear size I have 4:10 gears but on the Dana 44 had to buy the 3:73 and dwon carrier......

but here is where I saw them and called the guy to make sure they work:

Dana 30
completeoffroad.com/i-123568-true-trac-dana-30-front-3-73-up-tt-912a585.html[/url]

Dana 44
completeoffroad.com/i-123451-true-trac-posi-rear-3-73-down-30-spline-tt-913a589.html[/url]
Thanks for the info
Old 01-08-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Any update on these on front and rear? I am trying to decide between a single ARB in the rear vs. True-Trac's all the way around. I am re-gearing to 4.88's and figure I at least need new carriers so why not put in the LSD's.

Anyone out there replaced the stock Trac-loc LSD in the rear with the Eaton True-Trac?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Bumping for an update on offroad performance.

Quick Reply: TrueTrac Eaton's Front and Rear