Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

TSB Update

Old 05-31-2007, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSB Update

Well, I got my Jeep back from the dealer today. Had the latest TSB done for the ESP lights and stuff. Also had the through out bearing replaced again. Don't know what they changed but I went from 13 mpg on the highway to 17.5. That was 13 Highway to 17.5 city based on the dash readings which I know are not accurate due to 35" tires. But still for a 6sp, 4:10's that is a big improvement! Plus it feels much stronger!?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

you know because lately I have been having the esp/bas light light up as well as the brake light ding and light up...the speedo drops and then picks up again. pretty annoying, but at least it doesn't stall.

I am off tomorrow, so I am going to the dealer to see what's up, but supposedly, I am all up to date on the TSB's....though honestly, i had a sneaky suspicion that they were never actually done.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mtnmedic
you know because lately I have been having the esp/bas light light up as well as the brake light ding and light up...the speedo drops and then picks up again. pretty annoying, but at least it doesn't stall.

I am off tomorrow, so I am going to the dealer to see what's up, but supposedly, I am all up to date on the TSB's....though honestly, i had a sneaky suspicion that they were never actually done.
If you have a lift and bigger tires, it is because your steering wheel is not perfectly center.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Do i need to get these TSB updates done if i am getting a new jeep which is just now being built or are all these updates already taken care of when they build it?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Not sure if you will need the update or not. Mine was in due to the clutch making all kinds of rackett. I don't think the first dealer did the TSB (for the clutch) the first time. The new dealer did the TSB for the ESP and told me when I picked it up. I didn't even know they were doing it. The service rep put my vin # in the computer and said that was the only update needed. Before that it started feeling like a dog. Now, lots of power and it flys!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

any idea what the TSB number is?
Old 05-31-2007, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

For which TSB? I don't know the #'s. But the steering angle sensor is listed on the Project-jk homepage. There is a link to all current TSB's.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickc
If you have a lift and bigger tires, it is because your steering wheel is not perfectly center.
negative, i have no lift...i'm still waiting for the OME lift to come out.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by OBXJK
Do i need to get these TSB updates done if i am getting a new jeep which is just now being built or are all these updates already taken care of when they build it?
If it's just now being built, it only makes good sense that it would be updated with the corrections to fix the TSB problems instead of sending a problem out, Not that that hasn't happened before.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

i just got back from the dealer and they centered the steering wheel but the light still came on 100 ft after I left. So I went back and without turning the jeep off, I showed them what was going on. They now think that it is a "clock spring" in the steering wheel. he said they have had to replace some on lifted jeeps but only a few on stock one. I should have it Monday, so I'll have to see then.

Quick Reply: TSB Update